• Anthony Edwards
  • Tyrese Haliburton
  • Jae'Sean Tate
  • Immanuel Quickley
  • Desmond Bane
  • Isaiah Stewart
  • Isaac Okoro
  • Patrick Williams
Our job is to put these names in order, then come up with the 11-15 best players after that. Gonna look for articles and such on top of your ideas to reach a consensus as to who were the top 15 Rookies this year.

Please stay respectful and participate! We need as much input as possible to get this as fair as possible!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
Based on the RotY voting, looks like top 4 should be:
  1. Ball
  2. Edwards
  3. Haliburton
  4. Bey (Saddiq, not Tyler, Kamm!)
https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content...cement.pdf
Like Reply
Based on the Rookie team votes:
  1. Ball
  2. Edwards
  3. Haliburton
  4. Bey
  5. Tate
  6. Quickley
  7. Bane
  8. Stewart
  9. Okoro
  10. Williams
  11. Campazzo
  12. Anthony
  13. Wiseman
  14. Pritchard
  15. McDaniels
https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content...cement.pdf
Like Reply
For most, it’s too early to say still. Some of these guys were barely shaving in their rookie year. I still think Green can jump into this group. The age 22 season should tell the tale.
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 07:34 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I still think Green can jump into this group.

Yeah, think Green will be better than a lot of the rookies when the dust settles on this one.
Like Reply
If Green can get some playing time in the Olympics it might do wonders for his confidence. Maybe be less tentative on the court for the Mavs.
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 07:34 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: For most, it’s too early to say still. Some of these guys were barely shaving in their rookie year. I still think Green can jump into this group. The age 22 season should tell the tale.
It’s not too early for the guys that did play well this year. The reason I made this contest a 5 year one is exactly for the reason you’re saying. This is a contest to document and settle the discussion around “I knew he was gonna be this good”.
Like Reply
Also, for those that don't participate, I don't want to hear "I knew he was gonna be this good" from you in the future!!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Ranking from their position I'd go with:

Guard (PG/SG): Ball, Lewis, Haliburton.

Wing (SG/SF): Edwards, Vassell, Okoro.

Forward (SF/PF): Avdija, Bey, Williams.

Big (PF/C): Wiseman, Achiuwa, Okongwu.

Question marks: Smith, Bolmaro, Simonovic.

Going from last year, guys I was dead wrong about were Hampton and Stewart. So far a very lackluster class besides Ball and Edwards.
[-] The following 2 users Like HAguiar95's post:
  • ClutchDirk, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 09:14 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Ranking from their position I'd go with:

Guard (PG/SG): Ball, Lewis, Haliburton.

Wing (SG/SF): Edwards, Vassell, Okoro.

Forward (SF/PF): Avdija, Bey, Williams.

Big (PF/C): Wiseman, Achiuwa, Okongwu.

Question marks: Smith, Bolmaro, Simonovic.

Going from last year, guys I was dead wrong about were Hampton and Stewart. So far a very lackluster class besides Ball and Edwards.
Thank you very much HAguiar, I appreciate the effort and response!
Like Reply
Surprised Patrick Williams isnt/wasnt higher.  

Based on chatter around RealGM...the kid is the next big thing.
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 09:49 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Surprised Patrick Williams isnt/wasnt higher.  

Based on chatter around RealGM...the kid is the next big thing.
Ya, that's why I wanted discussion around this so we could get more opinions than just the "experts" and come to more of a board consensus. If we get no discussion around it, there's nothing else to go by and the following years is gonna be harder to figure out since I'm not finding any articles about a redraft for the 19 class that has been written in the offseason, albeit, it is early in the offseason. Maybe I need to go to the RealGM boards to get this discussion?
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 08:52 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, for those that don't participate, I don't want to hear "I knew he was gonna be this good" from you in the future!!!!!

Well, my participation may be invalid because I am only predicting for GREEN.

Josh Green is going to be good. I'm not sure if he is going to be good with the Mavs though, but he is going to look better the coming season.
He may not crack the top 15 for this rookie class in year 2, but IMHO, it's only a matter of will for Green.
Kid needs to learn how to shoot, if and when he does that, I expect him to go somewhere between 6 to 9.
And I expect that to happen in years 3 or 4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 10:14 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Well, my participation may be invalid because I am only predicting for GREEN.

Josh Green is going to be good. I'm not sure if he is going to be good with the Mavs though, but he is going to look better the coming season.
He may not crack the top 15 for this rookie class in year 2, but IMHO, it's only a matter of will for Green.
Kid needs to learn how to shoot, if and when he does that, I expect him to go somewhere between 6 to 9.
And I expect that to happen in years 3 or 4.
That's a great start to predicting the top 15 (top 10 for now going forward)! All you had to do last year was put Green as #1 (or whatever position you think he'll be at in 5 years to get the 25 points), then after following the discussion on this board and looking at a few consensus mocks you trusted from the "experts" and you have what I did last year. Minimal effort to be in on the game.
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 07:59 AM)david75090 Wrote: If Green can get some playing time in the Olympics it might do wonders for his confidence. Maybe be less tentative on the court for the Mavs.

The Olympics will be good for him, but I will be surprised if he gets much time.   The Australia team is a deep team and looking at the games leading up the Olympics, Green got very few minutes when the full team was available and the game was competitive.

My lofty expectations for Green is Mikal Bridges.   They are different body styles, but I envision Green playing similar to Bridges.  As in guys who don't demand the ball but just do winning things on the court.   Bridges came out after his Jr year and took a few years to really settle into his role.  Green needs to shoot it better, but I think Bridges are the type of player we hope Green turns into.

However, I still feel like Maxey has more upside than Green.    Lets wait to see if that is correct.
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 12:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The Olympics will be good for him, but I will be surprised if he gets much time.   The Australia team is a deep team and looking at the games leading up the Olympics, Green got very few minutes when the full team was available and the game was competitive.

My lofty expectations for Green is Mikal Bridges.   They are different body styles, but I envision Green playing similar to Bridges.  As in guys who don't demand the ball but just do winning things on the court.   Bridges came out after his Jr year and took a few years to really settle into his role.  Green needs to shoot it better, but I think Bridges are the type of player we hope Green turns into.

However, I still feel like Maxey has more upside than Green.    Lets wait to see if that is correct.

I love everything about Mikal Bridges except his confounded uniform.
Like Reply
(07-24-2021, 08:47 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: It’s not too early for the guys that did play well this year. The reason I made this contest a 5 year one is exactly for the reason you’re saying. This is a contest to document and settle the discussion around “I knew he was gonna be this good”.

I see.  Then Okongwu is my choice. He’ll be the man from this years class or one of them.
Like Reply
Haliburton. 

Okongwu.

Patrick Williams. 

LaMello Ball. 

I think those are the best players selected last year when the dust clears in a decade or so.
Like Reply