Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021-2022 AROUND the NBA: GSW Champs [ARCHIVED]
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5902398467
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status...10726?s=21&t=UEynU11RsQBAAQwdnPeS7A
I know he’s probably full of shit but there’s no financial way for them to bring Lavine while keeping LeBitch and AD is there?
Like Reply
(05-19-2022, 03:51 PM)BasketballJones41 Wrote: I know he’s probably full of shit but there’s no financial way for them to bring Lavine while keeping LeBitch and AD is there?

Have to get rid of Westbrook somehow, bring in Zach at 38 mil, and also shed 17 mil of space (only like 7 mil if they renounce the rights to all their min guys) in the process to stay under the tax apron. They only have 2027 (and 2029 I think) available to make that happen. The only assets they remotely have are THT, Nunn, and Stanley Johnson.

In short, fat chance imo.

Are the Bulls interested in Westbrook? I don't think so. Especially if it's costing them Zach Lavine. What would be interesting is an Anthony Davis for Lavine swap. Now that I can see happening.

The only question is are the Lakers that much better with Westbrook/Lavine/Lebron vs. Westbrook/Davis/Lebron? I don't think so. You can make a solid argument that it makes them worse too. Odds are Westbrook turns into John Wall as well.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Boston bounces back. Shouldn´t forget that they missed Smart in game one. Today he was back and delivered big time. 24pts 13ast. But even more important quarterbacking the defense.
Like Reply
(05-19-2022, 10:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The only question is are the Lakers that much better with Westbrook/Lavine/Lebron vs. Westbrook/Davis/Lebron? I don't think so. You can make a solid argument that it makes them worse too. Odds are Westbrook turns into John Wall as well.

From a future planning standpoint, I'd bet on Lavine over Davis.  I think the Laker realize their championship window with LeBron is shut and that's why they seemingly aren't spending what little assets they have left to try to ditch Westbrook.  They are just looking further down the road which is smart.
Like Reply
(05-19-2022, 10:12 PM)cow Wrote: From a future planning standpoint, I'd bet on Lavine over Davis.  I think the Laker realize their championship window with LeBron is shut and that's why they seemingly aren't spending what little assets they have left to try to ditch Westbrook.  They are just looking further down the road which is smart.

But is Lavine better than just rebuilding? Like don't get me wrong, I love me some Zach Lavine. He's an electrifying player and is a top 15 scorer in the league. But where are you going as a team with him as your number 1? Bulls were stuck on a treadmill for years with him (not that they gave him much). 

Spending basically the last ounce of your trading lifeforce for Lavine to me is foolish and desperate. And I don't think it's even possible without throwing in AD. Which makes it even more foolish and desperate.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-19-2022, 11:21 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: But is Lavine better than just rebuilding? Like don't get me wrong, I love me some Zach Lavine. He's an electrifying player and is a top 15 scorer in the league. But where are you going as a team with him as your number 1? Bulls were stuck on a treadmill for years with him (not that they gave him much). 

Spending basically the last ounce of your trading lifeforce for Lavine to me is foolish and desperate. And I don't think it's even possible without throwing in AD. Which makes it even more foolish and desperate.

I was just thinking out loud about your AD for Lavine swap.  Lakers aren't going anywhere but towards a rebuild.  I don't think Lavine is going to win you anything but he's younger than AD and you can always trade him later on.
Like Reply
The Lakers are so depleted of assets. I hear all the woofing about their commitment to be a contender right away coming from Laker world, from J Buss and LBJ especially, but unless some other team takes Westbrook off their hands, I don't see how they get there. The cupboard is so bare.

1 There's Lebron and AD, who are good on paper, but have to be healthy for almost every game to carry them, but those days seem to be long gone.

2 Westbrook will be next to impossible to move and if he's playing a major role, how is that helpful to winning?

3 No picks to use in a trade.

4 Almost nothing else. The depth was a bunch of spares and washed guys, most of whom are FAs.
 Their cap will probably limit them to spend Taxpayer MLE and minimums. It doesn't look like a place where a veteran will come and take a small deal to win a ring.

Does anyone see something promising they can do?
Like Reply
(05-20-2022, 02:15 AM)F Gump Wrote: Does anyone see something promising they can do?

Trade LeBron, AD, Nunn and THT and get a head start on the rebuild process.
Like Reply
(05-19-2022, 10:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Boston bounces back. Shouldn´t forget that they missed Smart in game one. Today he was back and delivered big time. 24pts 13ast. But even more important quarterbacking the defense.

Boston has the look this year like they're finals bound, even with a rookie coach. This will be a long series I believe, Heat not done yet, but if PJ Tucker has to miss time because of that knee injury, that hurts Miami big time because he guarded Tatum primarily.  As for Marcus Smart, dude just does what needs to be done to win, and Horford and Grant Williams have been playing lights out.  Boston has that look.
Like Reply
(05-20-2022, 04:08 AM)cow Wrote: Trade LeBron, AD, Nunn and THT and get a head start on the rebuild process.
Personally, I want no part of the LBJ circus that follows him around. BIG salary next year though he's an FA after next year though so any cap hit is temporary. He'd probably help attendance for a re-building team and maybe even sign an extension if they agreed to draft Bronny.

AD isn't a favorite around here, but he is under contract through 2025 with an early termination option (I don't know if it's a PO or TO) in 2024. I would however suggest that AD is exactly the center DAL is looking for to pair with Luka. Decent handles, good rim protection, nice inside game and respectable outside shot. Maybe, just Maybe, I'd consider taking him on. Especially if we could do it for something like THJ+Bertans+FRP.

Neither Nunn or THT are on my radar as moving the needle. But wiser heads may disagree.
Like Reply
If I was LAL, I'd trade LeBron. He's already basically saying he's gonna leave to whatever team Bronny is going to. If they can retrieve some of the package they used to get AD, I think it's a no brainer. Either that or use LBJ to get off of RW's contract in a 3 team trade.
Like Reply
(05-20-2022, 09:41 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If I was LAL, I'd trade LeBron. He's already basically saying he's gonna leave to whatever team Bronny is going to. If they can retrieve some of the package they used to get AD, I think it's a no brainer. Either that or use LBJ to get off of RW's contract in a 3 team trade.

I don't think you'd get that big of a package for LeBron.  And if I'm trading him, I'm keeping Westbrook and just eating that dog food for a year.  I'd be an asset collecting mode so sacrificing LeBron's value to get off of Westbrook doesn't jive, especially if I have no shot at contending.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/statu...6870218753
Like Reply
Kind of a dumb take. Curry has the perfect team built around him. We saw how well he did last year with a slightly-less-than-perfect team.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8283313152
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3395...sive-teams

I thought DFS would at least make the second team. Not even a mention.
Like Reply
(05-21-2022, 07:29 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8283313152
Ugh, please trade Lebron to Sacramento.
Like Reply
Big loss for Denver, if this goes through

(1) Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "ESPN Sources: Denver Nuggets president Tim Connelly is traveling to meet with Minnesota owner Glen Taylor this weekend in what’s the next step in the Timberwolves’ pursuit to hire Connelly and make him one of league’s highest compensated executives." / Twitter
Like Reply
(1) Shams Charania on Twitter: "Minnesota has an agreement with Denver Nuggets President Tim Connelly to become the Timberwolves’ new President of Basketball Operations on a five-year, $40 million deal with a kicker for ownership equity, sources tell me and @JonKrawczynski." / Twitter
Like Reply