Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2021-2022 ROSTER TALK: [ARCHIVED]
(01-13-2022, 04:43 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Yeah...the trade might be Turner for DFS/Cow/Killer/Fifteenth  

That might actually make the deal even more attractive to some folks around here!  Big Grin
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xZMZox.../giphy.gif
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 04:43 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Yeah...the trade might be Turner for DFS/Cow/Killer/Fifteenth  

Do we get some Turner ultras in return. I need more information before I pull the trigger Tongue
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 04:41 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I'm listening to a live podcast with Jake Fischer right now. Unfortunately not much Mavs news that we haven't heard before. They mentioned they've heard DFS' name come up a lot lately in discussions. They also mentioned that it's an open secret that the Knicks really want Brunson. 

They did say that they think if DFS is moved then that would mean we're pretty confident that Brunson is coming back. And obviously the implication of that is if we think Brunson is going to NY then a DFS trade is pretty much a non-starter.

Super interesting. Honestly glad to see one of them might be moved. They are key assets that the Mavs developed, would be nice to see them cash in for a change. Of course what comes back in return will make my final opinion on the whole thing. But "standing pat" is NOT the way to go right now.
Like Reply
https://imgflip.com/i/616dfb
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 04:43 PM)fifteenth Wrote: It was just a few years ago that we only had munchkins and bigs.

How dare you. Players like JJB, Devin Harris and Raymond Felton sharing the floor is the future of the NBA. Especially if you pair them with bigs like Zaza and the corpse of Dirk.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 04:56 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: https://imgflip.com/i/616dfb
No, but what about superior fit with MT, Siakam and Luka (He still has Boban!).

Now, how can we fleece NY in a JB trade?
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 04:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Super interesting. Honestly glad to see one of them might be moved. They are key assets that the Mavs developed, would be nice to see them cash in for a change. Of course what comes back in return will make my final opinion on the whole thing. But "standing pat" is NOT the way to go right now.

By the way Lauren Gunn was nice enough to record a snippet of what they were saying.

https://twitter.com/TheLaurenGunn/status/1481744769445421060?t=fEaWaBkJI4-88zRj3Twh9A&s=19
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 04:52 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Do we get some Turner ultras in return. I need more information before I pull the trigger Tongue

Here's a sneak peak at the future press conference

[Image: frontiers-bioengineering-biotechnology-c...-waste.jpg]

[Image: Animal.jpg]

[Image: 6975753c5902bf864be0914a319c4cbe39-23-do...e.w700.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 05:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Here's a sneak peak at the future press conference

[Image: frontiers-bioengineering-biotechnology-c...-waste.jpg]

[Image: Animal.jpg]

[Image: 6975753c5902bf864be0914a319c4cbe39-23-do...e.w700.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Alls I know is, you guys salaries better not screw this trade up! IT'S ALMOST HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 04:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Agree. I do think Turner is a better player but as long as KP is on the roster the Mavs have no need for another high minutes big. Losing DFS would create a giant hole in the rotation. DFS himself barely qualifies as a big wing. THJ, Bullock and Green don´t have the size to defend big wings. Mavs don´t need a throwback to the Wes Matthews vs KD matchups. They actually should look for another big wing and reduce DFS workload.

Agree with all of this, including the first part.  If Turner is the better player and DFS is a rental, why would Indy do this?  I have always felt that DFS is more valuable to this team than he would be to most others, and he is the kind of player that tends to be undervalued in trades and free agency.  That suggests it is very unlikely will be able to get his true value back in a trade.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 05:04 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Alls I know is, you guys salaries better not screw this trade up! IT'S ALMOST HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna make it clear that I won't report to my new team. I'll just retire.
Not very astute ^^^^
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Just to post all the Jake Fischer quotes one more time:

Quote:Myles Turner appears the likeliest Indiana player to be traded before the deadline, with a list of suitors that includes Dallas, Minnesota, New York, Sacramento, Charlotte and Portland.

Quote:Collins has a lot of fans around the league. San Antonio and Dallas have frequently been linked as suitors for some time.

Quote:New York, Cleveland and Dallas have been mentioned as potential destinations for Schroder.

Quote:Teams are circling Dorian Finney-Smith as a strong trade candidate in Dallas. Both Finney-Smith and Jalen Brunson will enter unrestricted free agency this summer, and the financial squeeze on the Mavericks will likely be too significant to retain both.

Rick Carlisle was known as Finney-Smith's biggest advocate in Dallas, sources said, and Indiana has been mentioned as a potential destination. League personnel are also monitoring the possibility Dallas waives Willie Cauley-Stein to create a roster spot for Marquese Chriss, who is on his third 10-day deal with the team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 05:09 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I'm gonna make it clear that I won't report to my new team. I'll just retire.

Pulling a Kyrie on us, huh?
Like Reply
trade cow at halftime...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 05:09 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I'm gonna make it clear that I won't report to my new team. I'll just retire.

Not me. Rather than retire, I'm going to refuse to leave, even if DFS and I are traded. If that happens, I'll chain myself to the radiator in here and spend every single day making this place as awful as possible for all of the Mavs "fans" who want to see DFS gone. Russian bots aint got nothing on me. I'll make this place a living hell of unreadable "Ringsarethething" style rants. No paragraph breaks. No new information. Just wall after wall of negativity.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 05:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not me. Rather than retire, I'm going to refuse to leave, even if DFS and I are traded. If that happens, I'll chain myself to the radiator in here and spend every single day making this place as awful as possible for all of the Mavs "fans" who want to see DFS gone. Russian bots aint got nothing on me. I'll make this place a living hell of unreadable "Ringsarethething" style rants. No paragraph breaks. No new information. Just wall after wall of negativity.

Nice. I might stay and help out with the chaos.
Not very astute ^^^^
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Since Spring Break, 2020, we've lost so much. Normal life. Rick Carlisle. Betty White. 

Please don't take our DFS too, universe!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 05:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No new information. Just wall after wall of negativity.

Is your first name Brad?
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 05:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Just to post all the Jake Fischer quotes one more time:

At the beginning of the Laura Gunn sounder he says...If Dragic were to get to the Mavs, DFS is a name I've heard come up a lot.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 05:18 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Is your first name Brad?

No, why? Sorry, I don't get the joke.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply