Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2021-2022 ROSTER TALK: [ARCHIVED]
(01-10-2022, 11:55 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: It's gotta be KP/Brunson for Levert/Turner. 

I think you'd have to pull the trigger on that one. Especially with the uncertainty around Brunson's contract.
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 11:55 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: It's gotta be KP/Brunson for Levert/Turner

I would need something else back in return as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Turned on the live thread feature for this thread so you will not have to refresh constantly...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 11:57 AM)Kammrath Wrote: DFS (yep, you read that right)

[Image: youre-a-devil-lady-will-ferrell.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dynamicalVoid, fifteenth, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 11:57 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Totally agree that these are the guys we should be most willing to move.

BUT...for a the right player I am ready to add to the mix...

Maxi
DP
RB
FN (booooooo!)
JG

For a top-50 player I am ready to add to the mix...

DFS (yep, you read that right)
JB

Where did that darn downvote button go?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 11:55 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Do you feel as if he's been playing like dead cap recently?

Irrelevant to the fact that he will be useless in the playoffs and is taking up 11 mil worth of cap that needs to be used on a player of value.

The Dallas Mavericks are currently spending 61 million on big men.

It’s not like a Dwight for Dragic trade is even on the table though.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:17 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: 61 million on big men

I agree that this number is too large but it's mostly because half that number is going towards one player.

Disagree that Powell is worthless in the playoffs though.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • embellisher, fifteenth
Like Reply
I just don't see what the Pacers would want from the Mavs? THJ+Burke+WCS? Is it funny that I wouldn't want to give more?

I don't even want to add Powell in since he's decided to become this integral switchable big that has played the best defense of his career.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Is it funny that I wouldn't want to give more?

Not its not. Turner isn't that special of a NBA player, especially in today's NBA.
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
NBA twitter and Mavs twitter consistently overvalue Myles Turner on the trade market. Bullock, WCS, and a protected 1st is probably what were looking at. No way am I giving up JB in a Turner trade. 

The issue I see is Turner makes no sense next to KP on either end of the court. If you're telling me KP is being traded for a wing or playmaker then we are onto something.
[-] The following 4 users Like Okstate819's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft, Nowitzki Way, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
RE: Myles Turner Interest

I will say that MT is an ideal candidate to replace the best of what KP gives the Mavs. Shot blocking and spacing. I like him a lot as a target with KP being moved. But I still do not think he is even close to being someone worth spending prime assets on.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft, Okstate819, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
I don't see Turner happening.

There is no doubt he is good on defense, but I think the more you see him the less of a fan you become.  I see too many 12 point, 4 rebound games to get excited.  He is not much a factor rim running and not much more than a solid three point shooter.  Don't know if his defense warrants spending big money at that position that would open up other holes imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I don't see Turner happening.

The other thing about this report from Shams is that it could be coming from inside IND, who supposedly is wanting to rebuild and maybe they are having trouble generating a market for MT. And I am sure the Mavs have interest (Shams is reliable)....but at what price?? Probably not at the same price that IND would like.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The other thing about this report from Shams is that it could be coming from inside IND, who supposedly is wanting to rebuild and maybe they are having trouble generating a market for MT. And I am sure the Mavs have interest (Shams is reliable)....but at what price?? Probably not at the same price that IND would like.

Maybe Rick and Mark are helping each other out and Shams is getting used
Like Reply
I could see Dallas having strong interest in a frontcourt rotation of KP/Turner/Maxi. You can play any 2 of the 3 at all times and never sacrifice defense or floor spacing. That's really good.

I also could see Indy having surprisingly strong interest in Powell. Carlisle is a system guy, and Powell is a system player. 

Now I'm certainly not saying that a deal could/would be Turner for Powell straight-up. But I do think there's more potential for Dallas/Indy deals than most fans think just looking at their own pet players and punching bags.
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:54 PM)Tyler Wrote: I could see Dallas having strong interest in a frontcourt rotation of KP/Turner/Maxi

Too much money for low-minute bigs. No thanks from me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
I'm not sure I'd give up a FRP for Turner.  We are so close to getting our handcuffs off and prolonging them is something I'd only do for no-brainer trade.
[-] The following 5 users Like cow's post:
  • fifteenth, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, Okstate819
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 11:55 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: It's gotta be KP/Brunson for Levert/Turner. Rebounding would be an issue just as our offense would take another hit, but defensively it's another step forward with Levert having the size to at least switch and do a decent job.

Luka/Ntilikina
Levert/Green
Bullock/Hardaway
DFS/Kleber
Turner/Powell

Thats giving up too much value.  No way the Pacers are taking on KP.  Levert is not a particularly good defender and can't shoot.  He would be a downgrade from Brunson.  I think we get worse on this trade.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • fifteenth, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't even want to add Powell in since he's decided to become this integral switchable big that has played the best defense of his career.

I think he was always playing that kind of defense (at least pre-injury). It's just that it has been mixed into an overall team system that capitalizes on it more lately.
Like Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:54 PM)Tyler Wrote: I could see Dallas having strong interest in a frontcourt rotation of KP/Turner/Maxi. You can play any 2 of the 3 at all times and never sacrifice defense or floor spacing. That's really good.

I also could see Indy having surprisingly strong interest in Powell. Carlisle is a system guy, and Powell is a system player. 

Now I'm certainly not saying that a deal could/would be Turner for Powell straight-up. But I do think there's more potential for Dallas/Indy deals than most fans think just looking at their own pet players and punching bags.

I would definitely pull the trigger on a THJ/Powell for Turner/Lamb trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply