Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anyone else concerned about Porzingis?
We have KP locked up for 5 years. He'll figure it out at some point. Obviously I prefer him to figure it out this season though. Realistically, we're not competing for a title this season or next, but a playoff push is for the most part expected. I think we can make the playoffs with the way KP is playing now. He hasn't been to consistent but he has had good games. We don't really have cap flexibility until 2021 off-season I believe. We have time to figure KP out until we become serious about trying to win championships. 

My favorite thing about KP is his mentality. He is all about what's best for the team, he seems willing to try new things or sacrifice for the team, doesn't complain, etc. Its not like Rondo vs Rick. They'll figure it out. Kristaps put on a considerable amount of muscle since he last played for NYK, is traveling with the team every game now, is going through practices on top of games, etc. To me, it just looks like he's not comfortable in his new body yet. That can only improve with time. He's had really good games this season already and some bad ones, but that is bound to come with all the adjustments he has had to make. He's not a plug and play player, he needs an offense built around him, which again, will come over time once Rick fully knows how to integrate him while giving roles to all of our rotation guys. Its difficult to have certain expectations when nobody on the team aside from Luka and Maxi have clearly defined roles. Another thing is I think he's thinking too much when he has the ball. Often times when a player is in a slump, they over think everything they do and end up putting too soft of a touch on the ball, or they put too much force behind their shots, etc. When he was with the Knicks, he had the green light, so he was letting it rip unconsciously. His shot has looked a lot smoother when he gets the ball really late in the shot clock and is forced to toss it up, its must more natural. 

There are a lot of things that can be improved upon going forward. I wouldn't press the panic button on KP until maybe 35 games have gone by and he's shown no signs of improvement. Its silly to freak out after 10 games. The guy's still 24 and will get more comfortable over time. When he was drafted, Knicks fans booed him and didn't want him, he proved them wrong, gets injured several times, misses over a year of real game play, gets traded, changes up his whole body, and with that he's still shown good signs in 10 games. He'll get there.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else concerned about Porzingis? - by TheCustodian - 11-13-2019, 10:28 AM