Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anyone else concerned about Porzingis?
(11-05-2019, 12:05 PM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:38 AM)Jym Wrote: dont see him ever becoming an elite Dirk-like scorer.

KP's stat line is nearly identical to Dirk's through 3 years, except KP is playing significantly fewer minutes. I can easily see KP averaging 25+ pts per game. The key question is when will the Mavs be able to go to KP for a bucket late in games.... 

When the game is on the line - and teams are forcing the ball out of Doncic's hands - when will Carlisle be able to count on KP to put the ball in the net or draw a foul?

I don't think we really know if KP can handle this role now or not. I haven't seen him carve out a go to spot on the floor or signature move ....but maybe he can and Doncic and the rest of the team just need to figure it out. I think he's still working his way back and the team is still learning how to play together.

Dirk was on a totally different level in terms of efficiency. Dirk had a 60% true shooting percentage in his 3rd year while KP was at 54% 
We dont need KP shooting enough to score 25 ppg if his efficiency stays this low. That would also mean he's wasting energy that he could use more effectively on the defensive end
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else concerned about Porzingis? - by Jym - 11-05-2019, 01:44 PM