Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shot Attempts Totem Pole
This post is to serve for me/us to gauge feelings on player tier levels in the offense, who should get almost "automatic no matter what" playing time, how many shot attempts, etc.

For one, our skilled shooters are in no order, Broekoff, Luka, Seth,JJ and maybe Porzingis as tier 1. As such, even when they are missing.... we should feed them/let em shoot and live with the results. 

Tier 2 would be streakier guys like Maxi, THJ, Wright, Lee. depending on who has it going should determine rotations/shots attempted....but if possible these guys have other skills besides just chucking 3s and should be tapped into.

Tier 2.5 is DFS,Brunson,JJB, Powell.... guys who occasionally make a couple 3s but really should catch and go.
And really powell belongs in a group with Boban as big man inside for alleyoops and whatnot.

All this said, in my armchair/coach/fanwatching brain, I feel like when the tier 2 players 3s aren't falling, we should give some of their shot attempts (3s or otherwise) to other players in tier 1 or mix up the offense to get them into rhythm. Maybe some P&R between Maxi and Wright or THJ, post ups of Boban with shooters around him. JJ has a nice floater game that could get tapped. It gets old fast watching the games and when the 3s fall we go up but any fan with sense holds their breath because that type of offense is unsustainable... especially when you add in how some players can be sieves on defense be it powell, THJ and Brunson. I feel like the coach needs to do something more with the defense but fixing the offense should easier.

Am I off? Does any of this make sense?
Like Reply