Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
2021-2022 MAVS NEWS: 4th in West | WCF loss [ARCHIVED]
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1422165440164515840
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ItsGoTime, TXBamanut
Like Reply
Quote:Dwight Powell is a name that continues to surface in trade speculation as well.

That is from Jake Fischer.
Like Reply
Is it possible that a reason that we don't have a clear picture right now is because Nico is actually negotiating? And that the "identify the 30 possibilities and then start working them" is actually accurate?

If we're still in the running for whoever our main targets are, but are not going to just roll over, and we have contingencies in place so that our negotiations aren't just bluffs, and those contingencies have to be negotiated too, then that might explain why leaks don't provide a clear picture quite yet. 

Also, it looks to me like our pre-free agency moves set us up for either (or both) of free agent signings and trades. We expanded our cap space. And we picked up all our small contracts before today so that they're ready for inclusion in deals. It looks like we got ourselves ready to pounce. I don't know if we organized our cap space and small contracts for specific deals that are close to being in place, or just so that we're ready to jump on opportunities that haven' materialized. But it looks like we did work to get ready for something. 

In the past we would eventually find out that our primary targets said "no" to us and so we had to grab a Delon Wright. I guess I'm trying to hold out hope for some actual roster upgrades, and our apparent money and contract organizing gives me a little of that.
[-] The following 9 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41, Hypermav, ItsGoTime, Jym, KillerLeft, Okstate819, Paul Gasol, ReunionMav, Smitty
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:19 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Is it possible that a reason that we don't have a clear picture right now is because Nico is actually negotiating? And that the "identify the 30 possibilities and then start working them" is actually accurate?

Very possible. 

Equally possible, imo, that he's totally overwhelmed and is out there getting his ass kicked. 

Until we see him go through a couple of these, we just won't know. And, even if this one sucks, he might get better at it with time on the job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:19 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Is it possible that a reason that we don't have a clear picture right now is because Nico is actually negotiating?

Unlikely given recent moves. IMHO Miami and Dallas are making moves rather than just rumors because they have their guys and know the numbers they need*

*Dal: moved off JRich's $11M and then picked up WCS's $4M; Mia: picked up Dragic at 2x his market value. If Powell is moved you can be certain the Mavs are executing their plan.
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:38 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Unlikely given recent moves. IMHO Miami and Dallas are making moves rather than just rumors because they have their guys and know the numbers they need*

*Dal: moved off JRich's $11M and then picked up WCS's $4M; Mia: picked up Dragic at 2x his market value

So you're interpreting the cap space and small contract moves to mean that the Mavs have their deal(s) in place?
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:47 AM)fifteenth Wrote: So you're interpreting the cap space and small contract moves to mean that the Mavs have their deal(s) in place?

Actions speak louder than rumors
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
We’ll soon find out

(08-02-2021, 09:36 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Very possible. 

Equally possible, imo, that he's totally overwhelmed and is out there getting his ass kicked. 

Until we see him go through a couple of these, we just won't know. And, even if this one sucks, he might get better at it with time on the job.
This is astute.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 10:02 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Actions speak louder than rumors

Sounds right to me. I think my gut was saying that about the cap space and contract moves, but wasn't sure enough to post it. So, mixing in the rumors with the cap space and contract moves, the tea leaves say that we get Dragic, that multiple centers are leaving our roster...and we get some other stuff, but we don't know what that is.

(08-02-2021, 10:04 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: astute.

bless you
Like Reply
So this is good news, right?  I assume there would probably be a player option for year 5 right?   

Would this mean it is 5 years after this upcoming season or is it 5 years including this year?

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...6080693253
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 10:20 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: So this is good news, right?

GREAT news!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 10:20 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Would this mean it is 5 years after this upcoming season

This one
Like Reply
In honor of the first day of free agency is Donnie keeping with his tradition of napping most of the day and then going out for a group dinner this evening?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/14...1666248706
Like Reply
there it is
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheMulf/status/1422241066930118672
Like Reply
Quote:Marc Stein: Beyond the extension for Dončić, retaining Marjanović is the one certainty about the Mavericks’ offseason that has already seen them move away from a planned pursuit of Lowry.

[Image: 6tV.gif]
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:36 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Very possible. 

Also possible, he's not overwhelmed but he is still learning AND he's starting off at a disadvantage in that what he's working with are the resources the previous regime left him.

As long he doesn't do anything that actively and obviously hurts the team, I think Nico should get the benefit of the doubt for his first off-season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arioch's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 12:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: 6tV.gif]

One thing about Lowry....when it comes to making a difference with a team, I haven't heard this much (may just be me).

He's not changing a thing in Miami's finish.  Miami is just going to finish about where they were.   He's not putting them over Brooklyn or Milwaukee and maybe not Atlanta.
He would have made a big change in the Mavs finish.  I hated the price tag, but just results wise...way better.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 3 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, Mapka
Like Reply
This account is priceless:

https://twitter.com/Mavs_Facebook/status...12485?s=20
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply