Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
2021-2022 MAVS NEWS: 4th in West | WCF loss [ARCHIVED]
(07-23-2021, 02:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's what it looks like now. It's just that there are no tourists coming anymore and the hotel/resort owners are wondering how they'll keep the lights on for another year.

More like the hotel owners are living like emperors!

KP Island is a party that just can't be missed.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 05:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: More like the hotel owners are living like emperors!

KP Island is a party that just can't be missed.

Of course, being that you're the owner of roughly 79% of the tourist industry on that island, I suppose you kind of have to say that.
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 03:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Nope. If there is no JC, then Nico isn't doing his job right.

#illegitimate

I love how you overlooked the first step in that pie-in-the-sky dream there that has the Mavs signing Kawhi and you said that Nico wouldn't be doing his job correctly since Collins wouldn't be here.

(07-23-2021, 05:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Of course, being that you're the owner of roughly 79% of the tourist industry on that island, I suppose you kind of have to say that.

I ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO CONFLICT OF INTERESTS HER..........

I mean, listen KP Island has warm crisp air that comforts you like a 7'4 man smoothly hitting jumpers from half court. We'll welcome you with open arms come November.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 05:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love how you overlooked the first step in that pie-in-the-sky dream there that has the Mavs signing Kawhi and you said that Nico wouldn't be doing his job correctly since Collins wouldn't be here.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14579006]
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 05:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14579006]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 04:47 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Interesting, so Stein's comments today blow up and he tweets that he didn't mean to report anything new. Nothing to see here.

This reminds me of when Windhorst quickly backtracked on his report that Lillard has already been in contact with other teams. His excuse was so obviously stupid that nobody actually believes it. But it's almost guaranteed that Lillard's camp called him to tell him to keep his mouth shut about things that the league would consider textbook tampering.

Stein's report was nowhere near as problematic, but he's definitely been spinning the Kawhi/Dallas angle quite a bit lately. I'm just going to assume that Nico gave Stein a quick call to tell him to cool it on the big news until it's official.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 02:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's what it looks like now. It's just that there are no tourists coming anymore and the hotel/resort owners are wondering how they'll keep the lights on for another year.

Clutch is sitting on a rooftop shooting anyone who tries to sneak back on the Island...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 07:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Clutch is sitting on a rooftop shooting anyone who tries to sneak back on the Island...

You guys should have invested into Luka Doncic island when he was still in europe. If I have to eat crow on KP I will simply rent out a garage or a shack on Luka island and make more than enough to buy a 10000sqft mansion on KP island.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 07:39 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: You guys should have invested into Luka Doncic island when he was still in europe. If I have to eat crow on KP I will simply rent out a garage or a shack on Luka island and make more than enough to buy a 10000sqft mansion on KP island.

I was the Luka to Dallas ringleader...had Luka Doncic Fan Club Member as my signature during DSJ's rookie year...

No one campaigned harder for Luka than me...

Mavs2021 was the first a year before the DSJ draft saying Donnie was scouting Luka in a post. .
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 07:43 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I was the Luka to Dallas ringleader...had Luka Doncic Fan Club Member as my signature during DSJ's rookie year...

Mavs2021 was the first a year before the DSJ draft saying Donnie was scouting Luka in a post. .

That means you are set for life. Free hot takes and bad picks for the rest of your posting career.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 07:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That means you are set for life. Free hot takes and bad picks for the rest of your posting career.

That's helps because I will probably never be right again about a prospect...
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 03:55 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Mavs will trade KP for Kawhi.
Trade JRich for either Dinwiddie or Oubre.
Re-sign Hardaway.
Have over-the-cap exceptions to fill out the rotation.

#nicochangeseverything

I could see Mavs wanting to trade KP for Kawhi... But I'm just not sure clippers would be interested in that. 

I think they'd be better off dropping way below the tax and trying to retain their free agents and then making trades.
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 07:43 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I was the Luka to Dallas ringleader...had Luka Doncic Fan Club Member as my signature during DSJ's rookie year...

I was anti Luka at the draft. Like I was pissed they traded up for him and gave up a 1st. 

I felt pretty confident that there were going to be 5 legit stars in that draft and that Luka would be one but I didn't think he or anyone else there was capable of being in the conversation for best player in the NBA. So my thinking was take whichever was left and keep going back in the lottery until you got your superstar. 

I was so wrong ha. 

Trae wasn't one of those 5 guys I thought would be stars either. I banged the Bamba drum so freaking hard. I did have Ayton as my #1 tho so it wasn't THAT bad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cjeter24's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
I said Trae and Bagley were gonna be busts...

I got 2 out of 3...
Like Reply
Another thing on the trade KP for Kawhi and resign THJ angle.. I think the Mavs are thinking wrong on who to keep.

Why trade KP who is a good player despite his issues just to resign THJ? Clear the cap space and sign Kawhi outright and keep KP and lose THJ. 

How much are we away from Kawhi's max without Richardson here? I know it's not much and would be fairly easy to clear. 
And you'd have contracts still available to trade to SNT for someone else like an Oubre. 

I much prefer KP to THJ as a player (not necessarily on value). But cap space would be meaningless in a scenario where you sign Kawhi and going over the cap and using all future cap space. Contract value doesn't mater when you got your 2nd star. KP is a better player than THJ.
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 08:10 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Why trade KP...

Because he's oft injured, on a max deal, looks worse the more time he spends on the court with Luka and lost his #2 status on the team to THJ who's terrible contract was part of the tax for acquiring KP.  If the Clippers take him in exchange, which I have my doubts on, you run and not walk to get that deal done.
Like Reply
Another Kawhi angle which I brought up a week or so ago with the news they were interested in Lonzo.

A 3 team deal with New Orleans for Lonzo going to Clips. 
Dallas gets Kawhi, Clippers get Lonzo, New Orleans gets KP. Perhaps KP goes to a 4th team if New Orleans isn't interested.  

Clips would need to shed some salary to get under the tax. Ibaka and Rondo's expiring I believe makes the math work where they could take Lonzo back and have room for the full MLE. I would think they would retain Batum with it and then let Jackson go and sort of bring back the same type of team next year minus Kawhi. A team that can defend and shoot 3s. Ibaka and Rondo are probably getting traded this summer anyways. 

Dallas would be able to sign whoever in free agency with cap space if they dump Richardson if he opts in. 

So you could sign 2 guys to sizable contracts in free agency or even go after one big priced guy AND have the room MLE. 

I just don't want to spend money on THJ.
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 08:10 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Why trade KP who is a good player despite his issues just to resign THJ? Clear the cap space and sign Kawhi outright and keep KP and lose THJ. 

...Or trade other players for Kawhi and keep both KP and THJ.

As an interesting contractual coincidence, I believe Powell/Kleber/Richardson make just about the exact amount of money combined to trade match for a max Kawhi contract.
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 08:17 PM)cow Wrote: Because he's oft injured, on a max deal, looks worse the more time he spends on the court with Luka and lost his #2 status on the team to THJ who's terrible contract was part of the tax for acquiring KP.  If the Clippers take him in exchange, which I have my doubts on, you run and not walk to get that deal done.

He's still better than THJ and it's frankly not close IMO. 

THJ is also bad on defense and always has been. At least KP has been good there before last year. 
THJ is a better shooter but KP is an overall better scorer. 

Again take the contract value out of it. Now the injury concern is valid. But I still take the better player. If we are concerned about injuries, we probably aren't  trying to sign Kawhi.
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 08:30 PM)Tyler Wrote: ...Or trade other players for Kawhi and keep both KP and THJ.

As an interesting contractual coincidence, I believe Powell/Kleber/Richardson make just about the exact amount of money combined to trade match for a max Kawhi contract.

Interesting... I wonder if you could get another team to take them on to facilitate the trade? Of course they'd be getting some assets. 

Richardson and Kleber are essentially expiring deals (Kleber non guaranteed last year). So only have to take on Powell's deal past next season? That's not a hard sell. 

Brunson and Josh Green? More than enough IMO. Especially when you hear stuff like the Knicks really liking Brunson.
Like Reply