Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
2021-2022 MAVS NEWS: 4th in West | WCF loss [ARCHIVED]
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...9901244417
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...9901244417

“Jake Fischer says the Mavs are looking to find deals involving the #26 pick in the draft.

If a player high on their board doesn’t fall, they may look to move it for future draft capital and/or take an international draft & stash player, according to Fischer”

Draft and Stash…you heard it here first.
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 10:59 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Draft and Stash…you heard it here first.

With the first round pick? What draft and stash player is worth a draft and stash in the first round?
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 11:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: With the first round pick? What draft and stash player is worth a draft and stash in the first round?

Probably goes along with trading down. Dieng will be gone. Haven´t seen anything that links the Mavs with Jovic. Leaves Nzosa, Kamagate, Procida, Diop and Besson as potential targets. Maybe Spagnolo and Montero.
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...9901244417

Solves the problem of trying to find a roster spot for him.  Enables him to develop a little bit before having to face the big boys in the NBA.

Either this, or trade #26 plus player for better player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
We already discussed some of the best trade down scenarios. Kings and Spurs. Mavs getting pick #37 or #38. Targeting Holmes and Poeltl. Maybe Zach Collins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
Trade down to 34 and a couple more future seconds?
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 11:30 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Nzosa

I am intrigued by taking a flyer on him with a 2nd rounder.
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 11:40 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Kings and Spurs. Mavs getting pick #37 or #38. Targeting Holmes and Poeltl.

I am definitely intrigued on both of those fronts.
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 11:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: With the first round pick? What draft and stash player is worth a draft and stash in the first round?

I agree you don't spend a 1st on a DnS candidate.

Also, does this ever work out? Seems like most of these guys just fade into oblivion because they get busy with their non-US careers rather than wait around for the NBA team to bring them in. For this reason alone it's stupid to do this.

Trade it away possibly, for future or lower picks or for current NBA players. But don't waste it on someone you'll probably never hear from again.

Sorry if this sounds cranky, current caffeine levels low. Haven't made it to the first beer of the day yet.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...1854584833
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Jommybone, MFFL
Like Reply
From Tim Cato:

Quote:It’s likeliest [Sterling Brown] will be waived or traded for nothing before next year.

Quote:[Trey Burke] won’t be on the roster next season.

Quote:[Chriss] is just not good enough for a team of this quality

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 07:25 PM)Kammrath Wrote: From Tim Cato:

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

I thought you didn’t buy Cato.
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 07:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I thought you didn’t buy Cato.

Huh? As a source? I think he definitely has sources in the Mavs. I simply questioned his motives and who he was being a mouthpiece for during the whole fiasco when Donnie left.
Like Reply
Chriss will be a Mav if he is putting in the work. That dude is bound to improve.
Like Reply
(06-14-2022, 10:29 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Chriss will be a Mav if he is putting in the work. That dude is bound to improve.

As much as he's been bounced around, it's not like he hasn't had opportunities.  I don't know if he has it in him.
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 05:14 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: As much as he's been bounced around, it's not like he hasn't had opportunities.  I don't know if he has it in him.
Yep. He does have the right type of body for what most here want from a C. He just has little to no NBA level skill.
Like Reply

Kamagate.  That is the pick whether at 26 or in the early 30's after a trade down.  I feel like I've said this a half dozen times.
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 07:03 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Kamagate.  That is the pick whether at 26 or in the early 30's after a trade down.  I feel like I've said this a half dozen times.

I know you have said his name going back months. But why? Just relationship connections?

I personally am not all that taken by his film. Good rim running. Decent mobility (but that is always hard to determine IMO when watching international film). But seems lacking in actual skill and very raw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smneClFsBDY
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 07:34 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I know you have said his name going back months. But why? Just relationship connections?

I personally am not all that taken by his film. Good rim running. Decent mobility (but that is always hard to determine IMO when watching international film). But seems lacking in actual skill and very raw.

It is the relationships (which are significant).  There is the Helger training thing, the agent thing (Dallas based Ndaiye) and playing with Frank on the French National Team.

It is a significant big swing based on upside, but I don’t see things at 26 that I’m in love with, so why not a big swing.  I see so much more here than the other centers in the range.

It is that a stash makes great sense from a crowded roster standpoint.  If we end up in the high 30’s, he could also be a two-way.  Ndaiye has had past center draftees play a year of G League.
Like Reply