Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
2021-2022 MAVS NEWS: 4th in West | WCF loss [ARCHIVED]
(08-01-2021, 08:50 PM)mvossman Wrote: They are both an upgrade over THJ.  If no to all three, then who are we going after?  Ball is looking increasingly unlikely, DeRozan is a terrible fit, and the other big names are already accounted for.  A move will have to be made to do the three MLE strategy after the WCS decision.  There are not a lot of options left.  Dinwiddie?  Holmes to double down on the frontcourt?

Also, it seems like we are going to have too many players.  Some guys need to get moved or we will not enough roster spots.

If Ball is headed to Chicago, Dinwiddie and Fournier come to mind in terms of "secondary creator."

Also trying to think of guys we can trade Powell for.  Would Charlotte want Powell + for Devonte Graham?

(08-01-2021, 08:56 PM)audiosway Wrote: And if you believe half of the stuff out there FA is already over it seems before it begins.

well...that's historically how NBA free agency has worked.  everyone is spoken for by the time free agency begins.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:09 PM)wmffl87 Wrote: If Ball is headed to Chicago, Dinwiddie and Fournier come to mind in terms of "secondary creator."

Also trying to think of guys we can trade Powell for.  Would Charlotte want Powell + for Devonte Graham?

With Monk gone, wouldn't they just resign Graham?
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • wmffl87
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:11 PM)cow Wrote: With Monk gone, wouldn't they just resign Graham?

Yea, that's the obvious move.

Just trying to spitball.  They drafted Bouknight.  Have Rozier and Lamelo Ball.  Still need another center.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wmffl87's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:13 PM)wmffl87 Wrote: Yea, that's the obvious move.

Just trying to spitball.  They drafted Bouknight.  Have Rozier and Lamelo Ball.  Still need another center.

There are some quality big men out there that can be had inexpensively though (D12, Noel).
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • wmffl87
Like Reply
Running out of ideas for the Mavs.

Evan Fournier and Alex Caruso
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:11 PM)cow Wrote: With Monk gone, wouldn't they just resign Graham?
How much would they pay? Better question, what is the point where they would walk away or look to get a certain Canadian C and cheap backup pg (Burke) instead of him?
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: How much would they pay? Better question, what is the point where they would walk away or look to get a certain Canadian C and cheap backup pg (Burke) instead of him?

No idea.  But my GM hat say I'd rather let him walk than take back Powell and Burke.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:27 PM)cow Wrote: No idea.  But my GM hat say I'd rather let him walk than take back Powell and Burke.
Ok, we’ll SnT Bobi to you too!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...6142886914

Haven't seen anything on Bey yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:32 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ok, we’ll SnT Bobi to you too!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952xvv2sqs1m6w9giy8a9...y.gif&ct=s]
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:33 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...6142886914

Haven't seen anything on Bey yet.

Not suprised. Hinton was in Dallas all summer long and worked out with Kidd. Bey was in Vegas. Hinton played it smart. New coach. Be the first one to meet him and try your hardest to impress him.
Not to mention that he looked better last season and his more than a year younger than Bey.
Like Reply
Don´t think any team will make a bigger offer. Meaning that Hinton is most likely going to be one of the 15 guys on the main roster. That opens up one two-way spot for the summer league signings.
Like Reply
@"Kammrath" isn't going to like it if they don't offer Bey. 

Then again, maybe they feel like they don't have to? That they can just sign him without protecting him?
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"Kammrath" isn't going to like it if they don't offer Bey. 

Then again, maybe they feel like they don't have to? That they can just sign him without protecting him?

I would join Kamm in being pissed if we lose Bey. The Seth Curry trade - the gift that keeps on giving. 

I would hope the Matrix comparisons would make Kidd like Tiger.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 06:11 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Maybe THJ wants to play for his dad's team.  Mavs S&T him for Herro and S&T of Oladipo (getting his Bird rights on a 1+1 deal).

Oladipo would not be eligible to S&T in that scenario - minimum of 3 years to S&T; The best you could do would be a non-guaranteed 3rd year putting them in the exact same scenario they face with Brunson today ('21-22)
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 1 Don´t think any team will make a bigger offer.
2 Meaning that Hinton is most likely going to be one of the 15 guys on the main roster. That opens up one two-way spot for the summer league signings.

1 This only ensures that if any other team makes him an offer, Mavs can match. You're right that no other ream is likely to bother.

2 But no 15-man roster slot is promised. For now, he's just one of the 20 set to be coming to camp. If I understand correctly, this only guarantees him $50,000 (same as a 2-way deal) and has no cap hit for the Mavs until the season starts. It's a make-good deal.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 10:30 PM)F Gump Wrote: 1 This only ensures that if any other team makes him an offer, Mavs can match. You're right that no other ream is likely to bother.

2 But no 15-man roster slot is promised. For now, he's just one of the 20 set to be coming to camp. If I understand correctly, this only guarantees him $50,000 (same as a 2-way deal) and has no cap hit for the Mavs until the season starts. It's a make-good deal.

You are obviously right. I already jumped ahead and assumed that the Mavs would match a potential offer.

Quick capology question...The caphold for a free agent two-way player is supposed to be the minimum first year salary. That applies to the Hinton example, right???
Like Reply
Welp. Off to bed and everything is a complete mystery. See ya manana.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 10:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: You are obviously right. I already jumped ahead and assumed that the Mavs would match a potential offer.

Quick capology question...The caphold for a free agent two-way player is supposed to be the minimum first year salary. That applies to the Hinton example, right???

You're right! I think that will be about 1.49M, not 0. (To me, a lot of the 2-Way rules run counter-intuitive to the general logic of the rest of the rules, and thus confusing to sift through. That's probably just me.)
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 11:11 PM)F Gump Wrote: That's probably just me.

Nope. People are getting paid a lot of money to know all of that and the potential loopholes for a reason. It´s complicated. The average fan lacks the time to study capology. We can be happy to have you and your knowledge.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply