Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
2021-2022 MAVS NEWS: 4th in West | WCF loss [ARCHIVED]
RE: Moving on from THJ

To me this points in the direction of the Mavs now looking toward...

1) Evan Fournier

OR...

2) Norman Powell

OR maybe even...

3) Lonzo Ball
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1421967881282129929
Like Reply
Maybe THJ wants to play for his dad's team.  Mavs S&T him for Herro and S&T of Oladipo (getting his Bird rights on a 1+1 deal).
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 06:11 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Mavs S&T him for Herro

That's interesting, actually. 

Haven't heard much about him, but imo, if they're really looking to add Lowry, HE'S the expendable one, not Robinson.

In fact, I bet he factors into the "entice Toronto to play ball" part of the plan.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 06:11 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Herro

Yeah.....

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7622211]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • AgGiE1991
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 06:15 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah.....

lol, I puzzled over this for like 10 secs before I figured it out.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, Kammrath, wmffl87
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 06:15 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah.....

Pretty sure that's a T-Rex??

I heard it was Precious that was going to the Raptors.  And while Precious might not ever be a "clever girl", she sure as hell can block out.

[Image: gabourey-sidibe-729e70fc3c4aca8485a0ed29...0-c85.webp]
Like Reply
Herro is 6-6 with a 6-3 wingspan = “T-Rex arms.”
[-] The following 2 users Like VintagePejav2's post:
  • BigDirk41, Kammrath
Like Reply
Interesting about THJ.   While I wanted him back, I did not like the scenario of re-signing him and having only 10 or so million left.  I thought was a bad plan.  So if true, I would be in favor of the latest news.

But lets not think it will be easy to replace his production.  THJ was good for us.  I don't think Fournier as a replacement is the way to go either.   

There are some interesting replacements for THJ if he is indeed not back. Some are riskier than others.   Some have intriguing upsides. 

I will need to see the finished product for the offseason before I give my grade.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 03:04 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: 2 guys with no sources
They have multiple sauces
Like Reply
Will hold onto my THJ+Maxi for Brogdon dream until its dead
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 08:34 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: They have multiple sauces
In bulk even

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/f...r-purchase
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 08:39 PM)Branduil Wrote: Will hold onto my THJ+Maxi for Brogdon dream until its dead

It's dead, my dude
Like Reply
I’m not liking the idea of not signing THJ to just go down the almost exact same path to sign Powell or Fournier. Seems both those guys are gonna go for more than THJ. Just say no to all 3!

Also, if I see another poster say the name Oubre…I don’t know what to say right here other that “There will be pain!”
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 08:42 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’m not liking the idea of not signing THJ to just go down the almost exact same path to sign Powell or Fournier. Seems both those guys are gonna go for more than THJ. Just say no to all 3!

Also, if I see another poster say the name Oubre…I don’t know what to say right here other that “There will be pain!”

They are both an upgrade over THJ.  If no to all three, then who are we going after?  Ball is looking increasingly unlikely, DeRozan is a terrible fit, and the other big names are already accounted for.  A move will have to be made to do the three MLE strategy after the WCS decision.  There are not a lot of options left.  Dinwiddie?  Holmes to double down on the frontcourt?

Also, it seems like we are going to have too many players.  Some guys need to get moved or we will not enough roster spots.
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 05:40 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Some may recall I mentioned the possibility of Lowry/THJ being a package deal.  Might kill Sterling Brown also.

What if the waning interest in THJ IS linked with the Lowry S&T to Miami but in a different way?  It’s believed that Dragic would be included since Miami picked up his option but that Toronto doesn’t want to keep him.  Could Dallas end up getting in on this and landing Dragic to replace THJ?
Like Reply
I get the feeling that most of this is just guys throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. If all of these "rumors" we keep hearing are true the Mavs don't have a clue of what they are doing.

I seriously doubt the plan is changing as rapidly as the "rumors" suggest.

So far we have heard they are interested in everyone out there and yet not interested in them based on who else may be interested. And if you believe half of the stuff out there FA is already over it seems before it begins.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 08:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's dead, my dude
You take that back!
Like Reply
Miami had a team option for $18 million on Dragic that they were almost certain to decline ... unless they needed his contract for salary matching in a trade.  But even that seemed unlikely since the Heat can generate roughly $24 million in cap room by simply declining both Dragic and Iguodala. 

The fact that they picked up Dragic virtually guarantees Miami has a SNT deal in place for Lowry. 

Dragic is a big winner as his number on the open market is around the MLE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • wmffl87
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 09:02 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Dragic is a big winner as his number on the open market is around the MLE.

Kudos to his agent for convincing him to sign that 1+1 last time around, then.
Like Reply