Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
2021-2022 MAVS NEWS: 4th in West | WCF loss [ARCHIVED]
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...53479?s=20

He has been reading this forum it seems...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Moses with a goaltend, a few dunks and a couple Luka baskets.  Also Luka not getting back on defense Smile

https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/14...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fpzgkfo%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Not sure if I would watching a full game at this angle, but you really see the speed of the play at this level.  It is easy to take for granted how fast the game is.
Like Reply
(10-01-2021, 06:15 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Moses with a goaltend, a few dunks and a couple Luka baskets.  Also Luka not getting back on defense Smile

https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/14...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fpzgkfo%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Not sure if I would watching a full game at this angle, but you really see the speed of the play at this level.  It is easy to take for granted how fast the game is.

Moses gets up and down the court really fast.
Like Reply
(10-01-2021, 05:49 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Burke playing in China real soon confirmed...

Not if he stays unvaccinated. Won't even let him into the country.
[-] The following 4 users Like Arioch's post:
  • fifteenth, Jym, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1444371218098950146
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 01:44 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1444371218098950146

How many personal matters can a guy have before it's an issue with his job performance?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Sometimes the boss will let you go if he thinks you're not really needed anyway.
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 01:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: How many personal matters can a guy have before it's an issue with his job performance?

Can a team allow themselves to trade or cut a guy who is away for personal reasons? Smile

I feel sorry for the guy, but he sure misses huge amounts of time, either for personal reasons or injury. I saw a piece the other day titled something like "Burke is not talented enough to be a distraction". I guess one could change a name there...
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 01:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: How many personal matters can a guy have before it's an issue with his job performance?
Especially someone who isn’t showing to be much of a prospect.

(10-02-2021, 01:55 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Sometimes the boss will let you go if he thinks you're not really needed anyway.
Good point. He should take pause as soon as Nico says “Take ALL the time you want”!
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 02:07 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Especially someone who isn’t showing to be much of a prospect.

I feel for the guy. I really do. Mental illness is a tough battle to overcome and I hope he can just right his ship.

I do think we haven't seen Terry at his best, and those mental struggles to me are the obvious reason why. There aren't many chances a player gets in the NBA with someone always available to take your spot, especially if you're a fringe role player. Terry hasn't gotten an opportunity to show out, and unfortunately I don't think he'll have enough time to really get that chance given the competitive nature of the NBA. Especially on a team looking to make noise in the playoffs. 

I've been all aboard for moving on. I just don't think the kid has the mental fortitude it takes to really make anything of himself in the league. Maybe it'll take getting cut/traded to stir the adversity needed for him to make a career, but now I think he's a lost cause. 

I wonder what kind of return a Burke+Terry package can net. 2 headcases, albeit for different reasons lol.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 02:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I wonder what kind of return a Burke+Terry package can net. 2 headcases, albeit for different reasons lol.

I am affraid they both have negative value. I guess Mavs would need to add a second rounder or two for someone like House or Dunn.
Like Reply
Of course you have to feel for him having all these personal issues, but man, the NBA is a demanding, cut throat job. Maybe Terry should pursue a career that allows him more flexibility to take care of himself and family. Not everyone can be an NBA player and he can still take care of his family just fine doing something else that isn't quite as demanding.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 02:24 PM)omahen Wrote: I am affraid they both have negative value. I guess Mavs would need to add a second rounder or two for someone like House or Dunn.
I would quickly add a 2nd for a guy like Dunn. 

I wonder if OKC would be interested in a Terry+Burke for Derrick Favors swap. Favors fits neatly into the TPE, Mavs clear a roster spot. OKC gets a young prospect in Terry that supposedly they had interest in before the draft.
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 02:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I would quickly add a 2nd for a guy like Dunn.

I wonder if OKC would be interested in a Terry+Burke for Derrick Favors swap. Favors fits neatly into the TPE, Mavs clear a roster spot. OKC gets a young prospect in Terry that supposedly they had interest in before the draft.

Dunn is junk, and he is owed more than Terry. Terry for Dunn doesn't help the Mavs surplus of bodies. I'd much rather just waive TT, if it comes to that. Dunn is quite likely to be waived soon, and clear waivers, and then available for the minimum, if you really want him (but I'd pass).

I would love a Terry+Burke for Derrick Favors swap. But don't see how that makes any sense for OKC. They've had a lot of success in trading off their veterans with some talent for picks, and I've heard their goal is to sell off Favors to a needy contender at some point, maybe the deadline, for a 1st.
Like Reply

What performance?
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • embellisher, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 03:41 PM)F Gump Wrote: Dunn is junk, and he is owed more than Terry. Terry for Dunn doesn't help the Mavs surplus of bodies.

We were of course dicussing Terry + Burke for Dunn
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
I want to stay away from what Terry or his family is dealing with personally until we hear more....if we ever do.

Professionally it is obviously not good.  I want Terry to work here.  I was really not impressed with his brief summer league play.   He just seemed so weak that I have trouble seeing where he fits in here.   We will see.  I really want to root for him.

I found it out on Wed/Thursday he changed his Instagram page.   He had Dallas Mavs in his headline with Stanford.  I noticed the Dallas Mavs was gone when I looked this week.    He still has Dallas Mavs in his twitter profile.  He also removed all his Mavs posts besides his scholarship thing he is doing.   I am probably too old to make any conclusion from a 20 something on Instagram as they tend to change things a lot.  I just found it odd.
Like Reply
When I heard the Terry news, the first thing I thought of was a weird response he had in his media day interview with Locked On Mavericks. 

Q: What would you consider a successful season for you and the Mavs collectively?
A: I think for me personally I'm just being the best version of myself. You know I have some time here left with the Mavs, and so by the time my contract's up and it's time to either renew it or move on I want to be the best version of myself for the Mavericks to make that decision....

As a reminder, his contract is guaranteed for the next 2 years. So responding to that question by thinking of life after Dallas is IMO pretty unusual. I just get the impression that there's something going on behind the scenes and his head really isn't with the team.

https://youtu.be/h4xK9w1UBM8?t=253
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • Kammrath, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 04:45 PM)omahen Wrote: We were discussing Terry + Burke for Dunn

Ok. Wasn't in the post I replied to, and didn't go back and track the conversation. I see it now. You guys were talking about TT+Burke for Dunn, and Mavs add a 2nd. Got it.

So to go back to that .... TT+Burke for Dunn, and Mavs add a 2nd ....

1 I don't think MEM would be interested. They have been trying to reduce salary obligations owed, not add, and their salary would go up considerably, not down. As for whether the Mavs could bridge the gap by cash rather than a pick, I suspect that workaround would be a no for both teams.
2 I don't think Dunn the player offers any real value to Dallas. Or Memphis.
3 It's rare that deals like these happen during camp to trade 2-for-1 and solve your over-full issue, because everyone else is also dealing with a roster that is full or beyond full. They don't want your problem when it creates a problem for them.
....If they WANTED to keep TT, Burke, or both, where they aren't waiving one or both, then that's a different matter. But we can't assume that, can we?
4 Powell-Burke-______ for Dragic still works, and solves Mavs' problem. You can fill in the blank with either Brown or Terry. It also solves TOR's payroll (tax) problem. Mavs can even take back a rando from TOR, if needed, using the TE. To me, it fixes so many issues for both, and it's a shame that's apparently not gonna happen.
Like Reply
Hi guys .. I've been reading you for a while and I decided to participate .. I'm writing from Spain and I apologize for my bad English .. I hope you can understand me ... Why would we want Favors with Powell / WCS / Brown / Boban? I personally like Boucher in 4 ... it fits in the TPE and is expiring .. Maybe Terry + WCS + 1 second .. Or Terry and 2 seconds ... if you prefer to get a full TPE and a few little assets ... before I walk for nothing ... Another boy that I like, who is covered in Hornets is Jalen Mcdaniels has a physique similar to Isaak, he can shoot he moves well ... and he will not play much with Hayward / Oubre / Bridges / PJ and the recent selections Kai and Thor ..
[-] The following 7 users Like Mikelo's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Hypermav, KillerLeft, MangaAfterDark, MFFL, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply