Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
Ringer reported GSW, Indy, Sacramento and NO are aggresively looking to upgrade with vets instead of using those picks. So I am interested which team would be willing to offer players for late lottery pick and which even has such players and compare those possibilities with Dallas. Sad reality is that KP is the only Dallas player that could potentially have the upside to be considered in a lottery pick discussion. I don't believe anyone would consider trading those picks for DFS or Brunson, who are arguably our next best players, not counting FA THJ. 

I won't go into Beal and similar top players pipedreams. Those four teams would offer far more than just a late lottery pick for such a talent. I will check solid starter level guys. Before going into what could be offered let me define what salary would those four teams send back. I am assuming neither will have cap space in such an occasion, oeprating over the cap. Neither wants to send key players but they all have to send something to salary match. 

GSW would likely offer Wiggins. They could also do Oubre but can they pay even more luxury tax? I doubt Wiseman and pick would be in play for a solid starter while rest of contracts are too small to do something considerable. 

Sacramento has Bagley, Hield and Wright as contracts they could afford to lose for a better player. 

NO has obviously Adams and Bledsoe. Both negative contracts and I don't care about how many 3 point shooting videos of Adams they post. If he is (will be soon) such a great shooter, there is no reason for NO to trade him. Since lottery pick is already on the table, I doubt NO would be keen to add either of their youngsters for just a solid vet.

Indy is more tricky. They have endless list of solid vets themselves. I am not even sure what kind of solid vet would make them so much better. If anything, they need to get a higher ceiling guy. I don't even see a major hole in their roster, when everyone is healthy. Sure Turner and Sabonis are not perfect together, but which solid player would make that (much) better. Unless of course there is some lockerroom stuff we don't know about. 

Looking at teams that might be interested in the lottery pick for a good player:
- Atlanta with Collins SnT, but probably not willing to take back salary (they could just resign Collins then)
- Boston - I don't think any solid player worth late lottery pick is on the table
- Bkn - see Boston
- Chicago - see Boston
- Charlotte - I guess they are more interested in good players than lottery pick themselves. I doubt they would do Adams/Bledsoe for Hayward. Or Bagley/Hield for Hayward.
- Cleveland - Sexton
- Den - see Boston
- Det - see Boston
- Hou - perhaps Wood. As a rebuilding team they might be interested to cash in on Wood and get a prospect like Bagley and #9. 
- LAC, LAL, MEM, MIA, MIL - see Boston
- Min - Beasley? But I guess they are more interested to improve themselves. They desperately need a good PF fit next to Towns and no one has that on the table
- NY - see Boston
- OKC - would they do a cap cleering move of (let's say) Wright and #9 for Dort and #18? It would allow Sacramento to resign Holmes. 
- Orl, Phi, Pho, Por - see Boston
- SA - if they trully commit to rebuild I guess they could put Wright or Murray on the table for the pick and reclamation project like Bagley. Rest I am not so sure
- Tor - I don't think Siakam, FVV or OG would be on the table for such a deal as discussed
- Was - see Boston

So to sum up. Not a lot of options for those teams. Sexton, Wood and perhaps SA. So KP might not look as such a bad option if those couple of opportunities don't pan out.

As Dallas, I wouldn't touch the NO option of Bledsoe and Adams. I doubt Indy would be interested in KP, no matter what. I would be intrigued by Hield/Bagley and Wiggins packages. Everything of course with that lottery pick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA 2021 - by KillerLeft - 06-28-2021, 12:17 AM
RE: FA 2021 - by ItsGoTime - 06-28-2021, 12:23 AM
RE: FA 2021 - by KillerLeft - 06-28-2021, 12:26 AM
RE: FA 2021 - by Mavs2021 - 06-28-2021, 01:48 AM
RE: FA 2021 - by Branduil - 06-28-2021, 12:48 AM
RE: FA 2021 - by KillerLeft - 06-28-2021, 12:57 AM
RE: FA 2021 - by SamStetz - 06-28-2021, 01:32 AM
RE: FA 2021 - by Chicagojk - 06-28-2021, 10:02 AM
RE: FA 2021 - by cjeter24 - 06-28-2021, 06:54 PM
RE: 2021 FREE AGENCY: Kawhi done in LAC? - by cow - 06-29-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: 2021 FREE AGENCY: Kawhi done in LAC? - by cow - 06-30-2021, 02:51 AM
RE: 2021 FREE AGENCY: Kawhi done in LAC? - by cow - 07-01-2021, 05:24 PM
RE: 2021 FREE AGENCY: Kawhi done in LAC? - by cow - 07-07-2021, 01:33 PM
RE: 2021 FREE AGENCY: Kawhi done in LAC? - by cow - 07-07-2021, 02:13 PM
RE: 2021 FREE AGENCY: Kawhi done in LAC? - by cow - 07-12-2021, 02:28 PM
RE: 2021 FREE AGENCY: DAL, MIA, SAS, MIN interested in John Collins | CHI, LAC in Lonzo - by omahen - 07-23-2021, 08:48 AM
RE: 2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkannen wants out of CHI - by samwise - 08-06-2021, 04:35 PM