Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
I haven haven’t read here for half a day, so forgive me for being so behind…

If it was tampering for RC, it was most definitely tampering for Dame.

KL - much respect for your dissertation into your mind! Thank you! I would think that the ones you are hard on in your teaching and stick it out and thank you in the end are the type of people that mesh very well with your personality (for the most part). Those are people that will follow you no matter what.

The big difference I see between you coaching them and RC’s situation is that your pupils choose you (I assume) and have the ability to sever that tie easily (again assumption). These guys that play fir RC have to either play out their contract and go elsewhere, or ask to get traded, but that doesn’t work for guys that aren’t stars. 

So even if it isn’t apples to apples, to me it’s gala apples to granny smith apples at least (and maybe not even that big a difference between apples…instead of granny smith, maybe it’s closer to red delicious). Anyway, all that to say:

RC being a good coach for an NBA team, is a good amount more than knowing what to teach and how to teach it. Just like for a GM it’s a lot more than just being able to find talent. There is a big time synergistic balance all of the pieces need to make something work perfectly.

Also over time, that synergy can fall out of place/tune for any millions of reasons. I understand you to believe that and sounds like you came to terms in your own way, because you have been saying you have moved on. 

You’re right IMO that it was time for everyone to move on. I also think RC moving on might have been avoided if Donnie or Mark had made the decision to move on from eachother in a more mutual way (I think this should have been done even before the RC hiring but that’s just me), and the new hire required a sign off from RC that the personalities and vision meshed (not necessary if I had my way and Donnie was gone before RC was hired).

Sorry for the rambling, I’ve had a hard time gathering my thoughts to articulate them due to the inordinate amount of traffic we’re getting from all this news.

In short
- I’m glad to know your thoughts on the RC thing. Helps me navigate where you’re coming from. 

- I think there are other acceptable ways of approaching the turmoil revolving around RC.

- I think all thought angles surrounding this one thing out of the whole need to be made aware of the other angles. That is the only way to come to s happy medium.

- I also think it is good to finally be able to talk about some of the specifics of the RC flaws now because before, most if the defense has been some semblance of “RC has forgotten more about basketball than you’ll ever know” (tie into another thread…the SACRED COW!).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by ItsGoTime - 06-27-2021, 09:31 AM