Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 09:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: My take is that he was the favorite and "best" part of the Mavs for MANY, MANY fans (many of the best posters on this site included). Many latched on to him as the gold standard of Mavericks basketball. For those who did that this last week has been REALLY, REALLY hard as many illusions and beliefs about RC as a man and coach were shattered.

Many of the issues were already a thing prior to this. We knew about the Luka/RC problems. Did not really change my opinion of him. I appreciate the great basketball mind and just like in Pop´s or Belichick`s case I think that it is more valuable than anything else. I think Cato´s description nailed it. Not a black/white issue. Human exist in different kinds of gray. What works for one person and leads to a great relationship (Dirk, Chandler, Marion, Jefferson, Billups) can rub others the wrong way.

Wouldn´t be suprised if Kidd has similar problems. Stubborn but brilliant. Already lost his job in a power struggle with the Nets (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...for-bucks/). Despite good player relationships around the league he probably had even more problems than RC ever had during his stint with the Bucks. According to the rumors Giannis was the only one that still wanted him. It´s easy to be the good cop (assistant). Not as easy to make the hard decisions that might upset some people.

On a side note: Don´t you think that it is possible to make the same case you just tried to make for every single person that was involved? Cuban, Donnie, Bob, even Luka.
All of them look pretty bad. And again it just comes down to the personal interpretation of the reports. People that had a RC/Donnie focus prior to it found some confirmation. Same case for people that focused on Cuban´s role.  Even the Luka is a difficult character crowd around the league is using this as further prove.

And with this last piece I am joining @"KillerLeft". Hoping for an UN mandate that solves the issues.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by dirkfansince1998 - 06-27-2021, 12:42 AM