Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 11:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, I don't want to predict doom and gloom here. I REALLY want this new front office and coach to do AMAZING work. I'm sick of the Mavs not being good enough, just like everyone else. 

But, Kidd has NOT been a player-friendly guy at his first two stops. I understand that some of the bigger names around the league are effusive with praise and support, and that's GREAT,  but his last two locker rooms really didn't like him by the end, and both were short stints. This guy is not "the opposite of Carlise" in the player relations department, at least not so far. 

Just google "Jason Kidd locker room" and trust me, you'll find some stuff that worries you. 

I'm hopeful that he can relate to Luka on a savant-to-savant level, and I am 100% going to give the dude a chance to win me over. And, I'm 100% happy that they didn't give Mosley the job, for some reason I'm not sure I fully understand, myself.
Yes, I believe his alienating the players at his first two stops was at least allegedly the source of his regrets. 

He certainly doesn't have a teddy bear image. In fact, he had a reputation of being demanding and rigid. Maybe he has had to dial it back a little to achieve a desire to be regarded as a player-friendly coach. 

I'm not a fan of the guy, myself. Just trying to contribute whatever info seems relevant. And maybe subconsciously trying to note that there are in fact limits to how productive it is to be horrible to people in the service of winning before it begins to backfire on you. You describe yourself in that mode, but I take it you're not talking about Tonya Harding type stuff.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by mavsluvr - 06-26-2021, 11:22 PM