Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 10:07 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Maybe we're just talking semantics. 

I think of "slight" as treating someone as not important, as if they don't matter, as not giving them the respect they deserve. It seemed like his comment was the essence of that. 

It also seemed like a conscious effort to undermine his own assistant's quest for a job. 

I think it was intentional, given Carlisle's propensity to consider his words, but I will allow for the possibility that a slight is in the mind of the beholder.

Not to continue this thread within the thread any longer than needed, but your definition also makes complete sense. I’d probably buy in if I just didn’t have rose colored glasses related to Carlisle. 

I told my buddy when he was hired he would be the last coach the Mavs hired. (I didn’t mean that literally) but I thought he would be here a LONG time is all. And I was still surprised to see him go. But I am not surprised by all these stories of him being a curmudgeon. I think that was pretty clear the entirety of his time here. Wink
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by DallasBasketball - 06-26-2021, 10:18 PM