Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 09:36 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Carlisle being petty? Haha. I think that’s an easy one to get behind.

Totally could imagine he regrets saying it. 

The forced Cuban angle is an odd fit but then so is Carlisle coming out and recommending Kidd at the Pacers presser. Things were so strange around here last week I don’t think there anyway that Carlisle could have avoided getting caught up in that. And it took him away from being rational in those moments.

Well, in this instance, all he had to do was refrain from making a public comment. Which is what I would have fully expected. Maybe his strong emotions crowded out his rationality, as you suggest. 

Despite all the reporters repeating the same narrative, it’s just a mental block for me to agree with the said slighting. I think it’s TOTALLY appropriate for Mosley to feel slighted. Just like every player who is taken in the 2nd round was slighted by all first round teams, but I also don’t think it’s that accurate.

Why do you suppose you have a mental block causing you to want to believe that Carlisle did not mean to slight Mosley? Maybe you want to believe the best of Carlisle? I kind of get that -- I have defended Carlisle myself, and have been somewhat surprised to learn how unpopular he had become. So many skeletons fall out of the closet when someone leaves. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by mavsluvr - 06-26-2021, 09:47 PM