Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 09:27 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I don't know if I would use the word "malicious," although it's possible. My impression is more like "petty," giving in to his anger, hurt feelings, and frustration. Dameris imagines that Carlisle regrets saying it. I don't remember which Mavs reporter said this, but one of them reporting this incident described Carlisle as "mean," adding that he had a way of saying things expressly for the purpose of hurting someone. Don't know if that's really the case or not. 

I still haven't ruled out the possibility that he said it for Cuban, as part of his outgoing deal, but that's me imagining stuff, not a sourced comment, so let's disregard it for now. 

Like you, I am not particularly trying to attack or defend Carlisle, just adding what reporting I see/hear, so that we can all try to make sense of this stuff.

Carlisle being petty? Haha. I think that’s an easy one to get behind.

Totally could imagine he regrets saying it. 

The forced Cuban angle is an odd fit but then so is Carlisle coming out and recommending Kidd at the Pacers presser. Things were so strange around here last week I don’t think there anyway that Carlisle could have avoided getting caught up in that. And it took him away from being rational in those moments.

Despite all the reporters repeating the same narrative, it’s just a mental block for me to agree with the said slighting. I think it’s TOTALLY appropriate for Mosley to feel slighted. Just like every player who is taken in the 2nd round was slighted by all first round teams, but I also don’t think it’s that accurate.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by DallasBasketball - 06-26-2021, 09:36 PM