Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 09:06 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: I trust you on the tampering thing but why do you see it as tampering and why does he easily get away with it?

It fits under the definition. A coach saying he hopes another coach under contract will leave his current team to go to another team. 

The NBA doesn't usually prosecute tampering cases unless the team tampered against files a complaint, which was unlikely in this case.

Also, I am not comfortable with the language, “throwing his assistant under the bus.” I’m not married to Carlisle and I won’t die on this hill, but isn’t this just an assumption based on a narrative? You are the best here at sticking to the facts, and I have a tough time buying into this as fact.

That is the reaction I had when I heard it. Mosley was a candidate for the job and Carlisle strongly recommended someone else -- that seemed like throwing Moze under the bus. That was also the interpretation of people who reported on it -- Followill, Dameris, Cato, McMahon, to name a few. 

I don’t want to defend Carlisle. That’s not really my goal. I’m just trying to look at it from a perspective where I believe Carlisle wasn’t being malicious(although I don’t rule it out either).
I don't know if I would use the word "malicious," although it's possible. My impression is more like "petty," giving in to his anger, hurt feelings, and frustration. Dameris imagines that Carlisle regrets saying it. I don't remember which Mavs reporter said this, but one of them reporting this incident described Carlisle as "mean," adding that he had a way of saying things expressly for the purpose of hurting someone. Don't know if that's really the case or not. 

I still haven't ruled out the possibility that he said it for Cuban, as part of his outgoing deal, but that's me imagining stuff, not a sourced comment, so let's disregard it for now. 

Like you, I am not particularly trying to attack or defend Carlisle, just adding what reporting I see/hear, so that we can all try to make sense of this stuff.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by mavsluvr - 06-26-2021, 09:27 PM