Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 08:08 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I think that Carlisle knew his remarks constituted tampering, as a technical matter, and were inherently inappropriate. I'm sure he also knew he would get away with it. I was pretty shocked when I heard them. 

The fact that a by-the-books guy like that would violate a rule and implicitly throw his assistant under the bus is worthy of mentioning. Perhaps, as you mention, it derived from a subconscious impulse, but it also seems like he would have made the remark consciously. When I thought about it, my first reaction was to think maybe he made a deal with Cuban to say it, as part of the contract termination negotiations. But maybe he was just that petty.

I trust you on the tampering thing but why do you see it as tampering and why does he easily get away with it?

Also, I am not comfortable with the language, “throwing his assistant under the bus.” I’m not married to Carlisle and I won’t die on this hill, but isn’t this just an assumption based on a narrative? You are the best here at sticking to the facts, and I have a tough time buying into this as fact.

I don’t want to defend Carlisle. That’s not really my goal. I’m just trying to look at it from a perspective where I believe Carlisle wasn’t being malicious(although I don’t rule it out either).

Let’s just imagine in the meetings with Cuban, Carlisle was asked who he thought would make a good replacement. He may have told Mark I think Mosley is ready for the job but I think Kidd is a better coach for Doncic. If it was later leaked that Carlisle recommended Kidd to Cuban would it still have been worthy of the narrative that he’s been disrespectful to Mosley?
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by DallasBasketball - 06-26-2021, 09:06 PM