Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 05:02 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: This is what I’m thinking. The train immediately left the station on Carlisle ‘meant something nefarious’ by recommending Kidd to coach Luka. 

But I don’t think it has to be that way. I think it’s possible he’s a good actor and not a bad actor and feels some residual ownership in the Mavs having been here for 13 seasons and being such a big part of the franchise history. 

I could be inclined to believe that his subconscious acted against Mosley while consciously trying to help the team and recommend Kidd, and it was his ego that later revealed it in the Indiana press conference.
I think that Carlisle knew his remarks constituted tampering, as a technical matter, and were inherently inappropriate. I'm sure he also knew he would get away with it. I was pretty shocked when I heard them. 

The fact that a by-the-books guy like that would violate a rule and implicitly throw his assistant under the bus is worthy of mentioning. Perhaps, as you mention, it derived from a subconscious impulse, but it also seems like he would have made the remark consciously. When I thought about it, my first reaction was to think maybe he made a deal with Cuban to say it, as part of the contract termination negotiations. But maybe he was just that petty.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by mavsluvr - 06-26-2021, 08:08 PM