Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 06:23 PM)dynamicalVoi Wrote: But does the Mavs MBT (maybe former MBT at this point) ideology about young players and winning in the NBA conflict with developing youngsters?   To clarify...I have read on this board many times that Rick didnt like rooks because most of them commit too many rook mistakes and also turn the ball over.  That stance by Rick, if true, seems to reflect a disinterest in developing average players.  Thats Rick, though.   I have also read on here many times people suggest that its common knowledge in NBA that you cant win with youngsters (or something about winning with the draft - anyway its negative about youngsters and building through the draft)...and I believe posters on here agree with this and want Mark and the MBT to also believe in that.   I cant prove that.   

If the thinking is "its all about finding 4+ year vets" with the MBT...do they want to exert much energy/time into developing what most likely will be an average player?  Or just go get a proven player?

I dont have an answer for anyone if they respond with "Then why do they have a G-League team?"

"does the Mavs MBT (maybe former MBT at this point) ideology about young players and winning in the NBA conflict with developing youngsters? "

1 This is a very reasonable idea, that for the most part, they just don't think developing GL players into NBA players is important.
2 If that's it, and if it permeates throughout every level, then it's not that they don't want to develop players, but rather that they think there's a better way to amass talent.
3 As a side note, if what you theorize is true, then wouldn't it have some relation to their miserable draft results over the years, especially when drafting outside the top 10 - ie, they don't want to spend the time and resources there.
4 If this is the how and why, it has to be the philosophy of someone at or near the top of the food chain. But some of that has top level has now been changed.

So if you think this has been the cause for the Legends inability to help the Mavs, then with these leadership changes, do you think
a) it's been a problem but has now been fixed,
b) it's been a problem but these changes didn't fix or improve anything, or
c) it has not been changed but it was the right approach all along, and doesn't need fixing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by F Gump - 06-26-2021, 06:52 PM