Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-25-2021, 11:17 AM)Tyler Wrote: Not the world. Just a vocal subset of cynical fans and reporters who thrive on rehashing past controversy while allowing no room for personal growth. Players who know Kidd well like Dame & Dirk seem to be singing a very different tune.

Oh, for sure. Lots of different people have lots of different opinions. 

There's just a lot more of this condemnation than I expected (thought I suppose I should have expected it). I guess it's just easier for some of us (myself included) to compartmentalize our opinions of someone's professional life from our opinions of their personal life. 

Also, while I, personally, am not that emotionally invested in the idea that someone involved in committing acts of domestic violence shouldn't be given more chances, I don't know that it's reasonable to assume those who do feel that way must be "cynical." If your point is that we are becoming too one-dimensional and unforgiving as a society, then I whole-heartedly agree, but it's also not like the strong feelings people have with spousal abuse, drunk driving, etc, are totally baseless. Kidd has done some pretty not so great things.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by KillerLeft - 06-25-2021, 11:38 AM