Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
I don't love the Kidd signing from an Xs and Os standpoint, but I love it from a Luka standpoint.    The Mavs put a ridiculous amount of workload on a 22 year old's plate,  both on the court and in the lockerroom.    We make a lot about how big of a deal it was to lose veteran leadership like JJB, but that's also compounded by a head coach who's not great at human relationships.   Carlisle acquiesce to Luka, but that doesn't address the core issue that you have a 22 year old kid in way over his head.   He's not 28 year old Michael Jordan, he needs guidance too.  If KP is being a putz and he and Luka aren't on speaking terms, it's up to the head coach to deal with the issue rather than leave it to Luka to figure out on his own.    That Kidd was brought to LA simply because LeBron thought that highly of him speaks to how much weight his reputation still carries.

As far as the fear of being a "Mark Puppet", while there is familiarity between Kidd and Mark, I don't see Kidd being some shrinking violet within the organization who just kowtows to Cuban because he's scared to voice his opinion.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 06-25-2021, 07:42 AM