Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-24-2021, 11:54 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: On the personal and off the court history... I get the dislike for Jkidd and if that's your take cool. 

I'm not so sure why everyone is so quick to say Kidd is a bad coach tho based on his resume so far. 1 season in Brooklyn before fired for non on court reasons. Some front office drama with a crazy Russian owner. Throw Brooklyn days out the window. 

So we have 3.5 years with him in Milwaukee. 
Giannis went from 12.7 ppg to 27 ppg. And rebounds and assists went up huge as well. 
Middleton went from a 13ppg scorer to a 20ppg scorer. 

Those were his constants in Milwaukee and they got DRASTICALLY better under him. 
He can coach guys up very well based on the evidence. Individually at least. 

Look at those Bucks teams and tell me those rosters are anything but a 500 team. Look at the Bucks team the year after he's fired and the improvements. 
I have no idea how good of a X's and O's or adjustments wise Kidd is because he's never had a much of a team to work with and do much with. But I think with how good of a basketball mind he has there is pretty decent chance he can be good there. He may have some growing pains in that regard. 

What I see with Kidd is a guy that has managed to get the best out of his guys individually and a guy that has related to them. 
I think that's what Luka needs and if we keep KP, the same thing for him. 

I think Kidd is going to excel here and people are going to look back and realize how wrong they were to think he was a bad coach. I also would have really liked Mosley because I think he's got the same qualities as Kidd. But this is the type of coach I think we needed and I suggested it the day Rick quit.

I also like the way he tells a player of his to spill water on him when he's out of timeouts.  Genius...   Big Grin
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | DAL in negotiations with Jason Kidd to be new coach - by HoosierDaddyKid - 06-25-2021, 04:40 AM