Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-24-2021, 10:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If Cuban knew he was hiring Harrison for weeks and Harrison didn't want Carlisle, as you speculate, then Cuban's strong public show of support for Carlisle remaining coach immediately after the LAC series would be a real head-scratcher. I think the narrative we were given, in this case, is simple and rings of truth.

I think your take is legit. Let me counter with an imaginary timeline though and see what you think:

1) Around the TDL Cuban realizes he has a HUGE issue that will not resolve itself. He realizes Donnie has to go.

2) Cuban hires Ford's Sportsology after the TDL to begin vetting and seeing who might be interested. 

3) Cuban knows during the playoffs that Nico MIGHT be the guy.

4) After the playoffs, Cuban makes a strong statement for RC because he doesn't know for sure on Nico plus he doesn't know what Nico might want.

5) After Donnie is officially let go, Cuban sits down with RC for a heart to heart. Cuban loves and respects RC and all he has done for DAL. But Cuban lets RC know the reality of the situation and that Nico is likely the guy and that Nico values player friendly coaches above all else. 

6) RC reads the writing on the wall and gets out. Cuban agrees to make it all amicable and to help RC get a new gig as easily as possible.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | DAL in negotiations with Jason Kidd to be new coach - by Kammrath - 06-24-2021, 10:54 PM