Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-24-2021, 10:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think Cuban might have known weeks ago that Nico was the guy. He might have even shared that with RC. I also bet that Nico probably didn't want RC as coach.

This one, I don't see, personally. 

Amick has said that while he doesn't believe his (and Cato's) article caused this turnover, he believes it sped the process up considerably, and the way he said it, I believe him. My guess is that Cuban didn't fully understand the extent to which the politics of his front office had deteriorated until he got pissed about that story, probably a couple of weeks before it was published. 

I think with Carlisle, he just didn't want to be in Dallas without Donnie. I just think he looked around after his primary ally was fired and saw the writing on the wall. If Cuban knew he was hiring Harrison for weeks and Harrison didn't want Carlisle, as you speculate, then Cuban's strong public show of support for Carlisle remaining coach immediately after the LAC series would be a real head-scratcher. I think the narrative we were given, in this case, is simple and rings of truth.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | DAL in negotiations with Jason Kidd to be new coach - by KillerLeft - 06-24-2021, 10:48 PM