Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
I'm really torn by this Kidd thing. 

First off, if Mosley isn't ready (my gut feeling is that he really must not be, if he's not getting this job, given all that we know about him, Luka, etc), then I'm pleasantly surprised by this news. It's not shocking in a vacuum, because Kidd has ties here. But, I am not embarrassed to say I didn't really feel like this was a real possibility. Them going against the "whatever Luka wants" narrative (within reason) is, imo, a good thing. Get the right guy for the job, and good things will happen. If Luka is the type not to accept that (I don't think he's nearly the drama queen people assume) then he was never going to stay here, anyway. So...GOOD job, Cuban.

On the other hand, I kind of don't have a really high opinion of Kidd as a head coach. I don't view him as an up-and-comer, really. I'm skeptical that he's going to do here what guys like Spo, Stevens, Nurse and other recent young coaches have done. He just doesn't seem to be as intellectual as he needs to be to succeed, to my thinking. I'm not saying he's dumb AT ALL (how would I know, anyway), but he just doesn't give off the "college professor" vibe that most great NBA coaches do. It's something about the way he carries himself. I think he was pretty bad in Milwaukee, too. So...yuck, Cuban.

Having said all that, I don't KNOW that Kidd can't do it, and lord knows there's a genius basketball brain in there, if he can just manage to get it out and into tangible, applicable form for the team. I suppose my immediate take on this swings more strongly towards the optimistic. I am genuinely shocked that they didn't just decide Luka wanted Mosley and give him the job, and I strongly feel like that's a good sign. Doing things that make Luka happy should be the goal, but long-term happiness and fulfillment are worth more than "yay, my pal got a promotion" in my book.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | new GM + Dirk want Kidd | DAL in negotiations - by KillerLeft - 06-24-2021, 07:18 PM