Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-24-2021, 04:51 PM)Thukydides Wrote: Why wasn´t he able to work with the Brooklyn/bucks teams? Many people had him as THE WORST NBA coach during his Bucks tenure. He´s proven complete inability to translate his basketball brain to coaching

I think Kidd was a naivete to coaching and didn't really know how to get the most out of his rosters. Those BKN and Buck teams were young too. Unproven talent+Unproven coaching leads to underwhelming results.

I do find it interesting that Bud comes in the next year and takes that MIL team to new heights. Kidd's coaching, while underwhelming, still had to have some sort of an effect in the development of their players to be able to do that under a new seasoned coach. 

I also think that Kidd has learned valuable experience in LA. He won a championship there being a lead assistant and saw first hand what it takes to lead a team to the promise land. 

I'm really coming around to it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | RC recommends Kidd | Kidd the new fav? - by SleepingHero - 06-24-2021, 05:04 PM