Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-24-2021, 12:07 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kidd was also known as a coach-killer in his career. Maybe RC sees that potential in Luka and knows the one guy who might be able to understand that and maybe work with him would be Kidd

I wouldn't read much into this.   I believe Kidd and Carlisle have a good relationship.  They may have gotten off on the wrong foot.   Kidd was a former superstar who controlled almost everything on the court for most of his career.  Carlisle was a veteran coach who wanted to control things.   Kidd was no longer a superstar when he returned here but still thought the game differently than almost every player.   I believe once they got on the same page, the relationship was good to very good.

I would also not read much into that Carlisle did not mention Mosely because he wants him for his new staff.   I really doubt Rick would reduce the chance his assistant would get a head coach job just so he can keep him as an assistant.  That would be rotten.   It is odd he didn't mention Mosely but maybe he has heard Mosely is not a candidate or not interested.  Who knows.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by Chicagojk - 06-24-2021, 12:19 PM