Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-23-2021, 09:16 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: @"mavsluvr" you are right about the getting paid sooner. but allows him less flexibility to get traded and be under contract long enough to be eligible for Supermax on new team.

I think after seeing all the stuff about Rick, it was likely Rick. Players talk and players haven't been happy here for a while under him it seems. 

Donnie isn't the biggest salesmen either. So the recruiting angle sucked too.
I think most of the big-name free agents over the last 10 years follow two patterns:

1. They stay with their current team where they can make the most money

Or

2. They congregate to the handful of destinations cities. Miami, Los Angeles, And now Brooklyn. And in the case of KD, joined a superteam in Golden State.

And let’s not forget that we had Deron Williams in the bag before Cuban couldn’t be bothered to show up for the meeting. Kemba was going to sign here until Boston came up with the cap space at the last minute due to Al Horford opting out. And I remember way back there was a rumor that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard had talked about joining forces with Dirk here until Howard screwed it up by picking up his player option in Orlando.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by BasketballJones41 - 06-23-2021, 09:21 PM