Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-23-2021, 09:00 PM)Tyler Wrote: Are we sure about that? I've wondered the opposite. I get the vibe that Cuban has been spending more and more time on outside political and business ventures and less time with the team. The resulting leadership vacuum could have actually been a key contributor to the chaos on the business side (pre-Cynt) and the destructive power struggles on the basketball side. I know it goes against the popular narrative, but the core problem might not be too much Cuban but too little. Or more directly, not enough leadership at the top.

Now one could certainly argue that it would be better if Cuban ceded that leadership control to a strong executive. But in the absence of that, I think another good option is for him to outsource some of his other pet hobbies like his relentless crypto promotion and focus on leading the team. It's the partial attention that I think is hurting him most.

This is what it seems like to me. Parachuting in and making decisions that he cares about making, and not otherwise paying attention. 

I don't really see him returning to focusing heavily on the team on a day-to-day basis. He's way into too many other things. Jack of all trades, master of none -- that's the danger. 

I guess time will tell.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by mavsluvr - 06-23-2021, 09:06 PM