Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-23-2021, 08:55 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I would be shocked if Luka doesn't do the 4+1 deal and locked in that money. It's too much to pass up. 
He may ask for a trade 2 years into the deal if he really wants out. That's the like the worst case scenario. 

I'd go further to say if he doesn't ask for a trade in the next deal, I think he signs the Supermax again after his deal ends.

The idea is that with a 3+1, he's eligible for the supermax sooner than if he does a 4+1. He's not really giving up anything unless he gets seriously injured. 

It's waaaaaay too much money to pass up. Not many Supermax guys even make it to FA. And not everyone is Lebron that can hop around. Lebron has endorsements yeah... But Lebron is also a multi multi millionaire with his business deals. He was an early investor in Beats and Blaze and a few others. Heck he just got 30 mill when Beats sold for agreeing to wear them before games on camera lol. But he was an investor too and we have no idea how much money he has made. Perkins claims it was 700 mill.

That being said.. You best make sure Luka is happy with the front office and coach while here. And have a roster capable of getting out of the 1st. At a minimum. He'll ask for a trade at some point if not.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by mavsluvr - 06-23-2021, 09:02 PM