Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-23-2021, 11:50 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: To be fair, Cubes way did lead to massive success for about 11 years from 2000-2011. Mavs were the 2nd in win % behind only the Spurs (and number 3 LAL was WAY behind either of them). 

Gave us 3 WCF berths and 2 finals appearances with 1 championship. Hindsight tells us they could have definitely had more, but that alone is more than most franchises. 

Cuban is annoying. The writing on the wall screams for him to take a step back yet he digs his heels in the sand even further. But just because he's being obdurate doesn't mean the Mavs are automatically doomed.

I wanted the Donnie/Rick era to end.  I'm just struggling to see how the biggest weaknesses of basketball operations are being addressed.  We need a relationship guy to help with free agency/player agents as Cuban is terrible at this.  We need a renewed focus on drafting and valuing draft picks.  I really wonder who's bright idea it was to pull of the Reddick trade?  There is a lot to shake out, but my confidence in Mark is at an all time low.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by cow - 06-23-2021, 12:45 PM