Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-22-2021, 11:04 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I am not being the "feeling police" (please feel whatever you want!). I am just trying to bring some nuance to our processing of the narratives. I am really sorry that your favorite part of the Mavs is gone. I hope you continue to have the chance to mourn and grieve that. 

But there is a very real possibility that your favorite part of the Mavs was a huge part of some terrible dysfunction and the Mavs are going to have a chance to get a lot better now that this has all happened. There is also a chance that RC wasn't part of the dysfunction and maybe Cuban is just toxic and this team is only going to get worse until he dies or sells the team. 

My point: NONE OF US KNOWS and only TIME WILL TELL. 

If those who think Cuban is helplessly dysfunctional are right, then seriously we should STOP being fans right now, no joke.

If those who think RC was a big part of the problem are right, then we have lots to look forward to and should be excited at the changes.

And there are lots of other nuanced possibilities here, I am just offering examples.

Man, I don’t disagree with a word of this. I guess my issue is when people blow the whistle on things that they do themselves when they don’t like the conclusions being offered by others. 

You, me, everyone. We’re all right sometimes, wrong other times. There are opinions that drive all of us crazy. 

When we agree with how the dots are connected by someone else, we say things like “yeah“ or “bingo.” When we disagree, we start talking about being “locked into narratives” and “psychology.” 

Maybe I shouldn’t feel this way - maybe it is oversensitive of me. But, while I think it’s possible that Cuban might knock one out of the park for our Mavs this summer (man I sure hope so!) I don’t think it’s fair to accuse those who are skeptical about that (based on 20+ years of track record) of being unwillingly roped into some logic loop that they are powerless to escape. That, to me, is insulting on a deep level. We’re all thinking. We’re all using our brains with purpose. We should at least offer each other the minimum level of respect needed to assume that, no?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by KillerLeft - 06-22-2021, 01:44 PM