Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-22-2021, 09:04 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I said earlier this week that I wouldn't begrudge you relief that changes were being made. You realize that my FAVORITE part of the Mavericks organization quit this week, right? After all of your posts about how negatively you felt about the team over the course of this past season (many of which I agreed with, but many that I didn't) you can surely understand how someone else might experience pessimism resulting from a different set of issues than the ones you're focused on, right? Are we not allowed to feel what we feel?

I am not being the "feeling police" (please feel whatever you want!). I am just trying to bring some nuance to our processing of the narratives. I am really sorry that your favorite part of the Mavs is gone. I hope you continue to have the chance to mourn and grieve that. 

But there is a very real possibility that your favorite part of the Mavs was a huge part of some terrible dysfunction and the Mavs are going to have a chance to get a lot better now that this has all happened. There is also a chance that RC wasn't part of the dysfunction and maybe Cuban is just toxic and this team is only going to get worse until he dies or sells the team. 

My point: NONE OF US KNOWS and only TIME WILL TELL. 

If those who think Cuban is helplessly dysfunctional are right, then seriously we should STOP being fans right now, no joke.

If those who think RC was a big part of the problem are right, then we have lots to look forward to and should be excited at the changes.

And there are lots of other nuanced possibilities here, I am just offering examples.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by Kammrath - 06-22-2021, 11:04 AM