Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-22-2021, 07:34 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: We won’t know the absolutes for at least a year at this point, maybe even more. We could get plenty of hints as things unfold, but nothing written in stone til we see what kind of influence the new PoBO will have on either Cuban (if he stays as hands on as he has been), or the team as a whole (if some of this backlash hits home for Cuban).

That's fair, to speculate things will be different going forward. I hope they are.

But I've seen nothing in Cuban's style of operation in the past, to make me think that's likely.

I've seen some wonder about how he could hire Cynt Marshall and delegate to her as he did, and still be a micro-manager. But that was a poop storm so extreme he wanted no part of the clean up, and since the optics of the whole organization demanded he steer very clear, it was easy for him to give the mop to Cynt and get out of there asap.

But when it comes to hoops GMing? There he envisions himself as smarter than the league (yet isn't even close to the really excellent front offices and the way they plan and execute roster-building). Someone would have to convince him he is NOT the guy, that he's just not good at those things. And I don't think they can. We'll see.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by F Gump - 06-22-2021, 08:17 AM