Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-20-2021, 05:51 PM)Mavs32 Wrote: I don't get why people are hung up on Haralabob being a gambler.  Cuban didn't "hire a gambler".  Cuban hired one of the top analytic people in the world who had proprietary rights to a system he created that was so successful Vegas stopped accepting his bets.  Calling him "a gambler" is simply coloring your argument in a negative light towards him.  Clearly not everything he did worked and if you heard any of him on the BS podcast you could probably guess he wasn't the best people freindly personalities.
But lets give him a fair shake since the offense has been very good with his data collaborating with Luka and Rick.

The gambling aspect doesn't bother me a bit, although I do think it might raise some concerns that seem legit to others. 

I just hate the idea that a guy about whom the organization wasn't even transparent about being involved was SO involved that players believed he was setting rotations and multiple people in the organization were made so unhappy about him that a "power struggle" ensued. 

In a way, I would've felt better about this if Cuban had simply fired Donnie a couple of years back and made this guy the GM. To @"sterlingmallory"'s point, when Cuban isn't involved enough even to know how much this guy was despised, it seems like the "everyone is basically equal, and you'll have to trust me (Cuban) to take in all opinions and make the right call" approach is a very, very bad one. PUT SOMEONE IN CHARGE, ffs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by KillerLeft - 06-20-2021, 05:58 PM