Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
My main issue with RC is he never developed an offensive gameplan better than the one of "just give Luka the ball and let him run the offense". Well do you know who can run that? Mosley for sure. Thats why the offense looked the same with Mosley. Maybe even me as HC. You just let Luka run the offense and read defenses and call plays. Its easy.

I think we need someone to develop a scheme that gets everyone involved, yet maintains Luka as a focal point. Making effective switches between the Luka run iso offense, and the one with designed plays for others as focal points, and making those two type of schemes mesh together smoothly so they can be adapted in best ways depending how the defense lines up. We have seen too few designed plays for others than Luka. RC tried it, and was less effective than iso plays to Luka, so in many ways it makes sense we became Luka centric, but that falls on RC not being able to develop that well enough.

We need a HC, someone that can challenge Luka, because I dont view RC was able to do that. He simply didnt come up with something that works better than letting Luka running the show on his own improvising. It always ended with exactly that - let Luka run the show, because I have nothing more effective than that I can come up with. In many ways this was fine, as its effective, but our offense could really explode to historic unseen levels if that Luka run show was meshed with a scheme of designed plays for the other 4 players to take charge.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by burekemde - 06-19-2021, 06:07 PM