Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 11:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: When I think of bad behavior in the context of a competitive group activity, I think of people not matching the commitment and sacrifice levels of their teammates. Example: James Harden whining and meddling to get his way in Houston for years, including making idiotic roster demands, only to demand a trade to a ready made contender when HIS moves don't work out. I think THAT is what a "douche" looks like. 

Someone whose interaction style differs from what you prefer in competitive situations? Nah, I don't get into a twist about that, as long as they're willing to do ANYTHING in order to win. Carlisle has always been a worker - very consistent about holding people accountable to "the standard" (which is God in a competitive situation, imo). I'm sure there are snapshots of any great coach's style that, when viewed without the proper context, seem rough to some. 

James Harden had a point though. He soldiered on until the owner went cheap, his GM quit, and his coach quit

Carlisle was not consistent. There never was an example of him treating Dirk like shit. Why? Because RC would have been fired the next day. So he chooses WHEN to let his "competitive" nature nature run free. And since Carlisle QUIT when the situation worsened, doesn't that make him EXACTLY like Harden

(06-19-2021, 07:23 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: And yet, Salah stayed here for 3 or 4  years, when he could easily returned for big pay check with RM (even if less money)
Why would he remains for so long if the coach was belittling him? He is known to have a strong character too btw. big name in African/Arab basketball and for his national team. 

Just because someone tolerates abuse doesn't mean there wasn't abuse

Some people have dreams (like to play in the NBA) and are willing to tolerate
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by MFFL - 06-19-2021, 07:27 AM