Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-19-2021, 12:13 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The timeline just wasn't right between Luka and RC.

I think I agree with this. 

However, I have a feeling that while the kind of younger, less experienced coach who replaces Carlisle might bring some of the positives people are expecting, he will very likely also bring a new brand of "learning on the job" mistakes, the absence of which we might not be as ready to endure as we think we are around here. 

It's possible that this is BOTH the right move AND something that makes the team slightly worse in the short term.

(06-19-2021, 12:17 AM)Branduil Wrote: Carlisle is a good fit for a veteran team trying to get over the hump. Like I said in another thread, he'd be perfect in Milwaukee where their roster is set and they need a coach who can maximize their talent.

Based on what's come out, I don't think he's the right coach for a young superstar and a team which NEEDS to be attractive to free agents above all else.

I don't buy that Carlisle is the reason those high profile free agents didn't sign here, but I agree that Milwaukee's roster is a good fit for Carlisle. It's a lot more like his Detroit/Indiana rosters than Dallas has ever been, really. 

Most of you know my thoughts on Milwaukee as a city (I would nuke it if I were president) so it will suck for me if he goes there, but I can see him getting Giannis to understand why the ball shouldn't be in his hands so much, getting a ton out of guys like Middleton, and I have a feeling he'd love Holiday.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by KillerLeft - 06-19-2021, 12:18 AM