Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 11:37 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I can’t get behind this post. You had me till this one. That was not cool.

I guess it just depends on what you consider cool. 

When I think of bad behavior in the context of a competitive group activity, I think of people not matching the commitment and sacrifice levels of their teammates. Example: James Harden whining and meddling to get his way in Houston for years, including making idiotic roster demands, only to demand a trade to a ready made contender when HIS moves don't work out. I think THAT is what a "douche" looks like. 

Someone whose interaction style differs from what you prefer in competitive situations? Nah, I don't get into a twist about that, as long as they're willing to do ANYTHING in order to win. Carlisle has always been a worker - very consistent about holding people accountable to "the standard" (which is God in a competitive situation, imo). I'm sure there are snapshots of any great coach's style that, when viewed without the proper context, seem rough to some. I repeat: I am unfazed by that type of thing. I have said worse to YOUNGER people. 

If Carlisle is a douche, then I'm Hitler.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by KillerLeft - 06-18-2021, 11:44 PM