Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 03:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hey, you might be right. 

I tend to value expertise above all. I view knowledge and understanding as a resource. Those who possess it are under no obligation to pass it on, and those who need it should adjust to better receive it, not the other way around. In that way, I'm a little guilty of the type of thinking that @"HanspardsShowerVoice" articulately claimed has been the biggest weakness of Cuban's Mavs. It might be a little hypocritical of me to agree with that and then think that way myself. I should probably examine that a little. 

But, that's what colors my opinions of Carlisle. I DO think he was the smartest guy in the equation, and that DOES prompt me to think less of some of the rumored negatives. To me, the smartest people are the best. Period.

You can be smart and still be a difficult person to deal with. 

The championship gave him a lot of clout. The fact that almost everyone, including his detractors don’t question his Xs and Os also gave him a lot of clout.  Cuban didn’t retain him all these years just out of loyalty. 

However the new NBA is all about superteams and stars deciding who should be accorded the privilege to coach them. I don’t know how much Xs and Os matter anymore. You can be a terrific coach and atilll not win a title because 3 friends decided to join and brought a coach along for the ride. 

And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by hakeemfaan - 06-18-2021, 03:24 PM