Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 02:58 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Also people always get freaked out that Carlisle is the coaching GOAT, top three, irreplaceable. Okay say that is so.

Why has he not won a play-off series in 10 years?

Right, cause he was not supposed to, because he was NOT FAVOURED.

Wouldn´t one trait of being the coaching GOAT be to overcome the odds occasionally, like at least once in 10 years?

Miami made the NBA finals last year? How many series were they favoured to win? They were the 5th seed. Beat the 4th, 1st and 3rd seed.

To further this .. let's take this year for example.

One thing that drove me crazy this year was Rick's refusal to even consider using Boban in the regular season.   I'm not saying play Boban 20 minutes a night, but play him 5-10 minutes at least !!!   He's a useful player with a unique skillset that is okay to use in a limited role.   And someday he could provide a mismatch in a critical game that could come in handy.     But he just made up his mind that he wasn't going to use Boban, and that was that.    So many DNP-CDs night after night after night.   Boban is basically reduced down to team mascot for whatever reason  ... fine.

So here we get into the playoffs and ... wow, a shocking turn of events ... a team goes small against us.   Who could have seen this coming, other than anyone who has paid attention to the direction of basketball for the last 5-10 years?    Okay, so now suddenly it's time to dust off Boban and put him to use in a twin towers lineup with KP in a zone ... except the Mavs haven't practiced this lineup at all in the regular season and it looks just as haphazzard and discombobulated as you would expect.   So I guess a baskeball dullard like me doesn't understand .. was there not any inkling that a team might go small against us and therefore we had no polish and practiced counter attack to go to?   Why was this Twin Towers lineup, which wasnt worth playing 5 minutes against the Minnesota Timberwolves in February,  suddenly became our staple lineup in the playoffs against the Clippers?   So it's like Rick just throws up his hands and says "Don't look at me, I'm just working with what I have.   Look at all the creativity and the the mechanizations I've had to invent !!"   But regardless of the Xs and Os wizardry, he didn't put his players in the best position and it started back in the regular season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 06-18-2021, 03:16 PM