Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 02:58 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think it was underplayed for years and now everybody is coming out with these stories. Let´s assume McMahon´s account of his treatment of Salah Mejri is accurate. I think in a corporate environment, you pretty much get fired in Carlisle´s position, if you berated an employee for 12 months, because he is in a weak position to defend himself (15th man, minimum salary, foreigner with limited language skills) and you simply need a punching bag for your anger management problems. You´d probably have a lawsuit at your hands as the company, too.
Maybe in an ideal world, it would work that way, but bosses berating their employees is not that uncommon in corporate life, and the corporate entity almost always sides with the person who is more important to the organization (usually, the boss). The berated employee eventually leaves, and life goes on. 

I'm not saying this is a good thing, just not that unusual. Also, we don't know that RC berated Salah for 12 months because he was in a weak position to defend himself, on account of Rick's simply needing a punching bag for his anger management problems. I heard the McMahon interview, and he didn't say that. Just to keep things real.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by mavsluvr - 06-18-2021, 03:13 PM