Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 02:15 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I think the Cuban/Jerry comparison is pretty lazy, honestly.   I mean .. they're two high profile owners in the same city.    Jerry fired Jimmy Johnson because he couldn't stand it that someone else was getting any credit for winning a Championship besides him.     Not only did Mark not fire Donnie/Rick after winning a Championship, he was so grateful to them that he stuck by them a decade of losing basketball and debacle after debacle out of a sense of loyalty and not wanting to make a change.    Cuban just hasn't made that many changes to his head coach or General Manager over the last 20+ years, but the few times he does he goes out and finds the best guy avaiable.  He didn't have any familiarity with Carlisle, but he went out and hired him because he was the most respected candidate out there.    There has been some revisionist history that Avery was some unqualified bum that only got the job out of familiarity with Cuban, but that's not true at all.  Avery was regarded as the best up and coming assistant coach in the league at the time of the hiring.   He was personally groomed by Pop and picked by Nellie to be his successor.      He  replaced Nellie because that was always the plan.   Nellie had Avery running his practices and coaching for him when he went out with a shoulder surgery.    So I don't really know where this attitude comes from that Mark will only hire his cronies from within.  The Mavs have never had a Jason Garrett or Dave Campo, much less a Stephen Jones.   And while Cynthia Marhsall didn't stick around for the long haul, I will definitely say there is no way Jerry Jones hires Cynthia Marhsall .. or any other outsider ... to run his business operations.

Just want to again say thank you for all your thoughtful posts over the last few days. You are bringing it. Great stuff.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by Kammrath - 06-18-2021, 03:01 PM