Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 02:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree with every word of the above. Well put. And, IF an Ujiri (or anyone serious, really) is brought in as GM, and then HE and Cuban BOTH think Mosely is the right guy for head coach, I'll be good with it. 

As for the Carlisle stuff, I do agree that there was some overconfidence in Carlisle's ability to overcome ANY problem with his superior basketball mind, but I still think the "Carlisle is a dick" angle is significantly overblown. 

I do agree that people skills are part of what's needed to be successful in the NBA, or in anything, really.

I think it was underplayed for years and now everybody is coming out with these stories. Let´s assume McMahon´s account of his treatment of Salah Mejri is accurate. I think in a corporate environment, you pretty much get fired in Carlisle´s position, if you berated an employee for 12 months, because he is in a weak position to defend himself (15th man, minimum salary, foreigner with limited language skills) and you simply need a punching bag for your anger management problems. You´d probably have a lawsuit at your hands as the company, too.

Also people always get freaked out that Carlisle is the coaching GOAT, top three, irreplaceable. Okay say that is so.

Why has he not won a play-off series in 10 years?

Right, cause he was not supposed to, because he was NOT FAVOURED.

Wouldn´t one trait of being the coaching GOAT be to overcome the odds occasionally, like at least once in 10 years?

Miami made the NBA finals last year? How many series were they favoured to win? They were the 5th seed. Beat the 4th, 1st and 3rd seed.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by Mavs2021 - 06-18-2021, 02:58 PM