Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 01:55 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: @"KillerLeft"

Agree that we are likely to move toward more analytics and not less. 

- The wave is already strong and Cuban has been riding it.
- Cuban is a progressive at heart and believes whole heartedly in this sort of thing.
- Cuban might even have his ego tied to it.

My take on analytics is basically they help you see the things your eyes/brain might ignore/forget/not see. Making decisions that are obvious is most important, but making decisions that are not obvious is 2nd most important. Carlisle I think had a good feel for that. I wonder if the analytics told him to rest Luka at 6min.

Cuban (IMO) likes to operate as an entrepreneur, where ideas and actions are not constrained by a framework and freedom to act is the primary mode of operation. He's made a lot of money that way and I applaud his success.

However, entrepreneurship rarely functions well in a structured environment, that's why new ideas are often initiate by startup companies, not large conglomerates. Apple and Microsoft are a couple of business school case studies. But at some point the organization becomes large enough and successful enough that it requires professional management skills to keep it going, and those skills are usually not invested in the entrepreneur, so it requires outside help to fill the necessary roles.

I'm saying here is that Cuban should keep his baseline seat and stay as emotionally supportive as ever, but he needs to get some pros on the FO side as well as the court so the overall organization is successful. I like the idea of Masai Ujiri if he can be had from TOR. I'm not a fan of Findley stepping in as I think it needs more gravitas at this point. I like the idea of Mosley, but he may be to Luka as Avery was to Dirk. Help him learn additional play styles and help the team learn how to play deep into the playoffs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by michaeltex - 06-18-2021, 02:33 PM